Chapter 34

I entered the bus, Ben trailing behind me. Sitting down in one of the few empty sits, I leaned my head against the window, and popped in an earbud. Suddenly, I heard a thump beside me, and looked at the now filled seat. Ben sat beside me, while there was still two empty seats left. "Hi" he said, smirking. "Hi" I replied, pausing my music. "Where are you off too?" I asked. He sighed "My new school." I smiled, "Cool, which school?" He stuck out his tongue, "Rollick High School." My school.

"Oh, I go there," I said, "I can show you around!" He laughed "Alrighty princess, you can show me around." "Thanks, it's an honour" I replied, rolling my eyes playfully. When we got to school, Ben kept pointing out all the things 'weird' about the school. Like how it's very cliché with the 'Jocks, cheerleaders, geeks, nerds, punks, etc.,' I just nodded, smiled, and we kept walking. When we got to the office, I let the secretaries talk to him for a few minutes, and then helped him figure out his locker and schedule. "This place is... Nice.." He said, stuffing some of his things into his locker. "Yeah, I know" I replied, smirking. "Will you get adjusted?" I asked, leaning up against the lockers. He shrugged, "Probably, but if I don't, I'll just be hanging with you." He winked, and grabbed my hand. "What are you doing?" I asked, as we walked through the halls.
"Jessica, what's this?"
Liam had just walked around the corner, eyeing my hand in Ben's. I quickly took my hand back, and stuffed my hands into the pocket of my hoodie. "He's just a friend Liam." I replied, staring at him. He nodded slowly, "Oh, I see, alright then." He walked up to me, and took my hand "Can I talk to you for a moment? Please?" I sighed, and agreed.

He lead me down a few halls, until we were in a small, sectioned of area at the back of the school that nobody ever really came too. "What's going on with us?" He asked, pleading with his eyes. Biting my lip I replied, "I don't know Liam. I really don't." He scratched the back of his neck, "I'm sorry. I'm truly deeply sorry for not telling you that Gale was my brother. Please, please Jess, forgive me..."

I guess I can't stay mad at him forever.....

I grabbed him, and pulled him into a gigantic bear hug. His arms pulled me in tighter, and wrapped around me. Resting his chin on my head, Liam let out a long breath I guess he had been holding. "I really like you Jess," he said, giving me a squeeze. "I really like you too Liam," I replied, burying my face in his chest.