Chapter 21

Hey :) <3 <3

Once I tried on the baseball girl costume, I fell in love. Sounds pretty cheesy, but I did. I fit me like a glove. Get it ;). I ended up purchasing that costume, and walking out of the costume shop completly satisfied. I walked through the rain, to my car. I entered the car, and wiped my wet hands on my skirt. I drove home, and thought about Halloween. Who would I see there? Would it be fun? Will Gale be there? Ugh!?! I gotta get Gale out of my head.

That looks gorgeous girl!!!!! ;) ;) :)

Meghan texted, after I sent her a picture of my costume.

Thank you :) What's your costume??? ;)

Surprise ;) You won't find out till the party :)

Fine... But I will find out ;)

Sure... Night babe :*

Night gurly :*

It was hard today having Meghan gone. I really missed her at school. Though I did have Liam to keep me company. I remember him complimenting my outfit when we walked to lunch. Which had obviously made me blush. I still can't believe Liam is at my school. Everything happened so fast, but I think I'm finally leaning to go with it.

"Sweet pea!! Dinner!!" My dad called, I ran downstairs to join him in the kitchen. We sat down, and ate our delicious spaghetti and meatballs. "So, Jess, when's the next time I'm seeing that boyfriend of yours?" Dad asked, before slurping up some noodles. Once he said that, I started choking on my meatball. I quickly coughed it out onto a napkin, and wiped my mouth. My dads eyes were bulging out his head, "What was that?" I coughed nervously, "Nothing Dad, it's just, um, Gale and I, we, uh, just broke up a couple days ago..." He slowly nodded, and narrowed his eyes, "Uh huh.. Does this have to do with the party you just went too?" I scratched the back of my hand, which I usually do when I'm nervous. "Yes, but it's fine now. Past is the past, yah know?" I got up from the table, collected our empty plates, and walked to the sink. As I washed the dishes, my Dad gave me a quick kiss on the head, and walked away. I hummed to myself quietly, trying to avoid the quietness of the house.

I shimmied out of bed, and walked to my closet. I grabbed some sweatpants, and an old baggy school t-shirt. Once I was changed, I went downstairs, and quickly ate two granola bars. I ran back upstairs, and brushed my hair, and my teeth. Then, I rushed to tie on my Converse, and slipped on my jacket. I threw my backpack onto my shoulder, and left. As I slipped into the passenger seat of my car, I got a text:

Becky- Jessica Lala Heart. Where are you? And why haven't you been at the Café? :( :(

I squirmed in my seat, I hate when Becky was mad at me. I knew she wasn't even here, but I felt like I could feel her glare.

I'm sorry Becky. I just, needed a break for a little while. A LOT of stuff has been going on. I think I'm good to come back to work now ;)

I never asked if you were okay to come back. I'm now demanding for you to come back. Or you can leave. We've been scrambling around, trying to balance this place, with only 3 workers :(
Your shift is tonight at 6.

Yes Becky. I'll be there.

I shoved my phone into my coat pocket. And drove off. I gnawed on my lip as I drove to school. I felt misribelle. I don't know how I could face Becky tonight.

"Guess who??" Liam asked, covering my eyes with his hands. "Liam, duh" I replied, moving his hands. He sighed, and frowned, "How'd you know?" I rolled me eyes, "You and Meghan are my only friends here. Meghan's not here, so it has to be you." He put his hand to his heart and laughed, "Oh, I see. Why you so grumpy today?" I sighed, "Lots of stuff." He nodded, and slung his arm around my shoulder. We walked through the halls to English class, which he had with me. As we passed multiple students, I only had my eye out for one particular boy. Gale.

"Watch out!!" Someone screamed, as I walked along the sidewalk, next to the football field. In the first two seconds of me turning my head, I was tackled to the ground. I felt a heavy body on top of mine. I squinted my eyes open, but then quickly realized the sun wasn't in my way, because this giant idiots head was blocking it. The figure huffed, and looked right at me. Gale's face was above mine. He put his arms on either side of my body, and I squeezed my eye shut. Preparing for whatever was to happen. But Gale just pushed himself up, and stood in front of me. He stuck his hand out, and I grabbed it. Gale pulled me up, shook the dirt of his football uniform, and walked away. No apology, man, this guy was mean.