Chapter 28

Picture of Jessica's date dress above.

Are you guys enjoying the new chapters?? ;) <3 <3

"Will you go on a date with me?" Liam asked, as we strolled through a cute little park after school. I laughed, "You asked that right 'outta nowhere. But, yes, I'd love to." He smiled, and gave me a kiss on the cheek. "I'll pick you up tomorrow evening, if that's alright?" He asked, as we walked to his car. "That's perfect." I replied, getting into the passenger seat.

I saw Meghan standing at her locker, probably searching for a book. I didn't know what to say. Were we on good terms? Taking a long, deep breath, I walked up to her, "Hey." She looked up at me, "Oh, hello there. Mrs...?" She giggled, I rolled my eyes, "I don't know what his last name is. And we're not getting married!" She smirked, "You're going on a date with a man, when you don't even know his last name. Hm..." I barked out a laugh "Whatever Meg, it doesn't matter." She smiled, "Are we okay?" I nodded, "Yah." I gave her a quick hug, and waved 'Bye' as I ran down the hall. Science started in one minute!

"Let me pick out your outfit!" Meghan squealed, searching through my closet. "Fine," I said, rolling my eyes playfully,"but nothing too dramatic." She pulled out a maroon lace skater dress, and a thin black belt. "Cute," I said, nodding in approval. She handed me a pair of white wedges, then shooed my into the bathroom. When I walked out, she threw her hands into the air, "Beautiful Jess!" I giggled, and twirled around in the dress. You'd think the fabric would be itchy, but it wasn't, it was actually quite soft. "You ready?" She asked, pacing around the room. I nodded, "Ready as ever. Bye girl!" Smirking, Meghan grabbed my arm, and we walked down the stairs. The doorbell rang, and I slowly opened up the door. There he was, my handsome date. "Hi Liam."

He led me into a small park, that was dimly lit with little candles. We sat down on a soft blanket, and he opened up a picnic basket. "Here," he said, handing me a huge container of homemade chicken nuggets, and a fresh bowl of Cesar salad. "My favourite!" I squealed, shoving both of the foods in my mouth at once. My favourite salad was Cesar, and my favourite fast food was chicken nuggets. "I love this date already," I said, smiling. He blushed, and fished out his own food from the basket. "Thank you" I said, before he bit into his panini. He gave me a quick nod, and continued to blush, looking really cute.

"It 'twas magical..." I said to Meghan, as I laid on my bed later that night. She smiled, "That's good, I'm so happy for you guy! You're so adorable together!" I giggled, "Thanks Meg." I quickly ran into the bathroom, and got into my pyjamas. "Wanna sleep over?" I asked, getting into bed. "Sure," she replied, grabbing some pj's from my dresser, and walking to the bathroom.

"Goodnight," I said to Meghan, as she crawled in beside me. "Nighty night," she replied, pulling the covers up to her chin, like she usually does. Closing my eyes, I slowly drifted off, thinking about the night.