Chapter 33

Picture of Ben above.

Oohhhh... Who's he?? ⬆️ ;) :)

We have new neighbours. Yup, recently this super cute old couple moved out of the house beside us (to get a condo in Florida) and the house has been empty for at least six months. Today, I sit in my bedroom, looking out the window at the new family moving in. I see two boys, one about my age (17) the other around 14. Then an adorable mom and dad leading the family into their home. I quickly scurry to find my dad. "Dad!" I called, running around the house. I found him in the backyard, drinking some coffee and reading one of his 'man magazines'. "Dad?" I asked, sitting down beside him on the small deck couch, completely out of breath. He smiled, "Yes?" I grinned, facing him, "Did you know we have new neighbours?" I whispered. He nodded, "I just met them." I gasped, "Without me?!" He let out a small chuckle "I'm joking sweetie, I haven't met them yet. But I'm thinking of inviting them over for dinner tomorrow." I nodded, "Oh, okay, cool." I smiled and walked back inside the house. New peeps, huh? Okay, okay, I can work with this.

"Can you move please?" A boy asked me. Turning around, I saw a handsome, verrrry handsome young man standing in front of me. He had brown hair (that was currently swept back in a hat), and brown eyes. He wore a white tee-shirt, with a jean jacket. The sleeves were rolled up, so you could clearly see the many tattoos covering his arms. And that nose piercing... Awesome. "Done checking me out?" He asked, smirking. I cleared my throat, "What do you need?" He rolled his eyes, "Could you please move?" I shrugged, "Huh, didn't take you as someone to use manners.." He barked out a laugh, "And who do you think I am missy?" I smoothed down my shirt "A rebel of some sort. Bad boy if you will." He tapped my nose, "Don't be so quick to judge. But yes, I guess you could consider me a 'bad boy'." Smirking at that, he walked closer to the bus stop.

Yes, I was at the bus stop. My car was getting its tire's changed, so I had to take the city bus to school. I walked up to him, and stood beside him, "So what's your name bad boy?" He laughed, "Ben. Yourself?" Smirking I replied, "Jessica." He stuck out his hand, and I gladly shook it. After that, we stood in silence. Though surprisingly, not an awkward one.