English Girls

a/n: in which Luke & Ash are English and Calum & Mikey are American. Also, this is different from what I usually write, I think :-) Last one for tonight, I promise!!

Well she said, "English girls, they just like sex." I couldn't believe when he said, "I've got news for you, American boys do, too."

London weather was absolutely ridiculous. It was mid October, and Calum and I had to find refuge from the cold in an old bar that smelt way too musty for my liking.

I couldn't believe Calum had dragged me on this ridiculous trip through Europe. We were just about to start our second year of college, both miserably in debt, but yet he thought this holiday would be a good idea. I would never quite get what went through that boy's mind.

"Two Snakebites, please," he asked the guy behind the bar, covered in tattoos and sporting an angry scowl.

"Snakebites?" I asked him as we sat down. "Never heard of that."

Calum shrugged, a slight smile tugging at his lips. "You're not really supposed to. Banned in most pubs, but it gets you drunk," he snapped his fingers, "like that."

I groaned, rubbing at my forehead. "And how is that a good idea?"

He shrugged again, swivelling his seat so he was leaning against the bar but looking out at the people dancing. "Gotta live a bit, Mikey. Life's no fun without living."

I sighed. Calum would be the death of me, I swear.

"Two Snakebites," the bartender grumbled, sliding the red and black drinks our way. I thanked him and picked up mine, sipping cautiously before scrunching my face up.

"God, why would anyone think this was a good idea?"

"Beats me," Calum answered, taking a swig of his drink. He didn't even flinch, which made me wonder how many times he'd had this particular concoction.

I watched as he swept the dancefloor, obviously not finding anything of interest, but just as he was going to swivel forward again, something must've caught his eye. He smirked, before turning his head to me and saying, "That blond dude by the end of the bar just gave me a wink."

I looked over to see a tall, broad blond guy talking with a sandy haired one, and scoffed. "Oh yeah, I bet he did."

"I swear he did!" Calum was convinced. Once he got into this mindset, it was hard to convince him otherwise. "I'm telling you."

"Alright, then, go up to him." I was unamused.

Calum shook his head. "Nah, he'll come here. Just wait."

And, surely enough, the blond did. It took him about two and a half songs, but soon enough he was leaning against the bar, between Calum's stool and the wall.

"Hey." The blond smirked, and alright, he was quite attractive. If, you know, you were into guys.

"Hey," Calum answered, and I almost rolled my eyes. I knew where this was heading. "What's your name, pretty boy?"

Honestly, I would've slapped someone for calling me that, but blondie seemed to like it. He smiled, extending the hand that wasn't clasped around his glass. "Luke."

"Luke, what a pleasure." Calum kissed the back of his hand and I almost burst out laughing. I didn't though, since at least one of us should have fun tonight. "I'm Calum."

"Not from around here, are you?" Luke remarked.

"Nah." Calum shrugged, standing up as well. Oh, here we go. "Maybe you could, you know. Show me the ropes."

Luke quirked an eyebrow, and as he opened his mouth to say something else, I felt someone sit down next to me. Distracted from the conversation going on in front of me, I turned to see the sandy haired guy Luke had just been talking to.

"Hey, don't mind me," he told me with a shrug. "Just keeping my eye out on Luke."

"Oh man, good luck. This guy here," I jerked my thumb in Calum's direction, "he's a drifter, but he knows how to use his words."

"You two are close?"

"He's my best friend," I answered honestly. "Been friends since, like, 2nd grade."

"I don't exactly know what that is in years, but I'm assuming it's a long time."

I chuckled. "Yeah, it's pretty long. I'm Michael, by the way."

"Ashton." He shook my hand firmly, and we turned our attention back to the conversation.

"-getting late, and we don't have much to lose," Calum was saying. Ah, yes, this line. This is around the time when Calum's won them over and is just waiting for them to suggest heading back to their place. Calum never offered to bring them home, partially cause we lived together in a tiny apartment, but mainly because he would be gone by the morning, leaving nothing but a post-it note... If the person was lucky enough.

Luke's answer caught me a little off-guard, however. "Well, I don't wanna lead you on, cause... Us English guys, we just like sex."

Alright. If Luke's answer had caught me off guard, then there wasn't any word to describe how surprised I was at Calum's next sentence. "Luke, I've got news for you: American boys do, too."

Both mine and Ashton's jaws dropped, and Luke's face went red as those words left Calum's tongue. Luke began fumbling with his words while Calum just chuckled, placing a hand on Luke's waist.

"I should probably stop them..." Ashton murmured, before sighing and taking a sip of his drink, which I noticed was identical to mine. "But I know I'm not going to be able to."

"Bro, I just hope Luke's not the sensitive type," I told Ashton honestly. "Tomorrow, Calum's gonna be far away. He'll leave him with nothing but... But the sunrise through the windowpane."

"Poetic," Ashton laughed, and I just shrugged. "Too bad I know exactly where you pulled that from."

"All Time Low fan, are ya?" I smiled, giving the boy a satisfied nod. "Good, at least I'm not wasting my time talking to you."

Ashton just laughed, and we resumed watching Luke and Calum. Honestly, it was kinda entertaining.

By that time, Calum had Luke pressed up against the wall, and he was murmuring things in the blond's ear, too low for anyone else but the receiver to hear. Luke shook his head, a smile still on his face as he blushed. Calum nodded, seemingly testing Luke's denial.

Not another word was exchanged before Calum was kissing Luke, his hands gripping the blond's waist firmly as Luke allowed himself to be kissed by the American boy, his pale fingers running through Calum's dark hair.

I sighed, looking back towards Ashton. "Yeah, there's no stopping them now."