Eternity|Chapter 22

♡Melissa's POV♡

Sighing, I wondered through the hallways, avoiding Jake as much as possible. 

"Melissa, you know I'm sorry right? I tried to work things out between you two.." Laura murmured, looking down at her shoes. 

"WELL IT MADE THINGS WORSE!" I snapped, closing my eyes for a second. All of a sudden, someone crashed into me, sending me flying towards the ground. 

"Sorry Melissa. I've been trying to talk to you..." He drawled,  begging me with his eyes. He gave me his hand to help me get up but I just ignored it  and got up. 

"No." I growled.

"Pretty please with a cherry on top?" 

"Fine. Geez. I'm giving you 1 minute." 

"Alone please Laura." He smiled softly at her and she nodded understandingly and backed away.

"Look-" He started. 

"I'd rather be forever alone than to be with the wrong person." I stated.

 "Well, what if I don't Melissa?" He asked, raising his eyebrows at me. 

"Then.... Too bad. " Like a 5 year old would, I stuck out my tongue at him.

"I will find a way. I swear I will!" He said, determined. 

"Okay." I said nonchalantly, checking my clean nails. 

"Let's make a deal. If you manage to fall in love with me like the other girls, then date me. If you don't, I'll leave you alone for the rest of the year. Deadline is the end of this year. Deal?"

"Deal."

≈Ω≈Ω≈Ω≈

I'm still a hundred percent sure I won't lose. I mean, why the hell would I like him? Right? 

Wrong. I admitted it to myself; I won't stand long. But I'm not like other girls. Right?

Wrong. But I'm determined not to lose to him.

"Why are you thinking so hard? You seem like your about to blow." Victoria stated, placing a cup of steaming hot cup of hot chocolate onto the glass table in front of me. 

"Well... Basically, me and Jake -some guy you don't know- made a deal. He's going to try and get me to fall in with love him. Like other girls. But I'm not the other girls. What the hellz am I gonna dooooo?" I groaned, putting my head in my hands. 

"Get your mind on something else. Like.. I-" She continued talking, but my mind had already wandered off. I had something I could do. 

Set Jasper and Victoria up on a date. 

"I have to go to the toilet. Be right back," I lied, cutting off whatever she was saying. She nodded confusedly as I ran towards the direction of the ladies bathroom. I bursted in and hid in a stall, the aroma of chocolate flooding my nose. Immediately, I picked up my phone and dialed one of my old friend's number.

"Hello?" She asked.

"Can you take a day off? I'll fill in your spot. Don't worry, I have a wig like your hair. Pretty please?" I asked. 

"You can still have the money." I added in, pleading her. 

"Why?" She asked suspiciously. 

"I'm setting up both of my friends. Pleaseeeeee!" I begged. 

"Wow. After 2 years, you're still Cupid. Fine. Meet me outside at 5:30. Good luck!" She called, about to end the call. 

"Wait! Waiiiiittt!" I cried into the phone.