Eternity|Chapter 24

Mission Number 1:Avoid Jake. 

As much as I wanted to avoid that asshat, I couldn't. He was in most of my classes, and he was in the same school as me. 

Not to mention, he lived next door. 

"Hey Meli!" Levi called, waving me over to the lockers. I headed over and funnily, I tripped. 

Over someone's leg. Levi gave me his hand I took it, getting up. I heard a snapshot sound coming frmo the background, and I spun around. I saw one of the jocks smirk at me before running away.

Weird. 

I got back up and dusted myself off then shot him a smile. 

"Thanks. What's up?"

"The ceiling, lights, oxygen, the sky, hmm.. What else?" He chuckled. I rolled my eyes and shook my head. 

"Your face. So, why'd you call me?" 

"I have no idea. Hey, after all, it's a 'free country and I can do as I please,'" He imitated my voice and I flipped the bird at him, squinting at him. He laughed and wrapped me in a hug. I could hear another snapshot sound in the background, but I dismissed it and hugged him back. 

"So, what's up, friend?" He asked, emphasising the 'friend'. 

"Oh I don't know, how are you and.. Kayla?" I asked, spitting out Kayla's name like it was venom. I wasn't jealous, I just hated that girl. 

"Nawww, no need to be jealous!" He teased, pinching my nose. I swatted his hand away and glared at him. 

"I AM NOT JEALOUS!" I shrieked. 

"Anyways, we're fine. I don't like her anyways.. She made the girl I love break up with me." He sighed, staring at the floor.

Wow, the sudden mood change though. 

"Y-You.. Loved me?" 

"Not loved. Love. I still love her." He corrected. 

"Is that 'her' me?" I asked bluntly. 

"Uh, maybe?" He blushed.

"Aww your blushing!" I teased. 

"I-I do love you Melissa. But I understand if you don't anymore.." He trailed off.

Way to make things awkward Levi! (Note the sarcasm.)

"Look, I-" I started, cut off my someone's venom-filled voice.

"Wow, look at the perfect couple." Jake fumed. I spun around and took a step back. 

"Woah woah woah, jealous much? We aren't e-" Levi chuckled, his nervous laugh cut off by Jake. 

"Well, a little birdy here told me you two are going out and I heard you confessing your love." He snapped.

 "Look, Jake! It's not what you thi-" I was once again cut off by his voice.

Again with the cutting off I see. 

"Oh, I see what I see. And Melissa?" 

"Yeah?" I asked, surprised he didn't cut me off for once. 

"Thanks for avoiding me. It helps a lot right now." He smiled at me, and I couldn't even hear a hint of sarcasm in his voice. 

It was emotionless. 

"Uh.. Look, I-" 

"Hm?" He cut in, raising his eyebrows at me with a bored expression. 

"Whatever. You're welcome. Have a good f*cking day." I growled at him before storming off.