Chapter 1

JJ POV

I felt his palm make contact with my face. It burned, bad. I pulled back in shock.

"Will what the hell?" I screamed in his face.

"You said you would be home early, and that you would take Henry home from school!" He yelled back.

"It's not my fault that we had to stay late, remember? That's the thing with my job. Sometimes it doesn't always work out."

"You could've called!" He shouted.

"Well, I'm sorry Will, I'm sorry I couldn't be home on time, I'm sorry for being such a bad wife, I'm sorry for being a bad mother!" I hollered at him.

He rolled his eyes and put his hand to his face, rubbing his temples.

"What do you want me to say? What do you want from me? I've given you all of me since day one. I don't know what you expect," I cried out.

"Leave."

"What? Will, what are you saying?" I said, starting to cry.

"I said leave, I don't want you here. You can come back tomorrow and get your stuff," he said with a straight face.

"Will! What did I do? What about Henry? What about us?" I was really crying now, the tears falling and hitting my hand as I wiped them away.

"We'll figure that out later, I just don't think we work together. All we do is fight, and I'm tired," Will said leaning against the counter behind him.

"Is this really what you want?" I asked.

"Yes, I'm sorry Jennifer it's just not worth it anymore."

"Fine then. I guess I don't want to be married to a jack-ass anyways," I quickly stormed away up to our room, I grabbed my phone, a pair of pajamas, and my purse.

I walked back downstairs, glared at Will, and walked out the front door. I walked down the driveway, to my car and sat in the driver's seat. I broke down completely, crying hysterically gasping to catch my breath. Shaking, and hunched over the steering wheel I grabbed my phone. I dialed Emily's number, knowing she could help me. It rang once, twice, three times. Then I heard her voice.

"Hey JJ, what's up?" Emily said cheerfully.

I sniffled and exhaled heavily, "Umm..."

"JJ what's wrong? Are you okay?" Emily asked concerned.

"Will and I got in a fight, he kicked me out."

"Oh my God, what can I do for you? Do you need anything? Should I come get you?"

She cares so much, she truly was my best friend.

"No, I'll just stay at a hotel or something tonight, I didn't mean to bother you."

"JJ where are you? I really don't mind, it's only 11 I can come get you," Emily convinced me.

"I'm still at the house, I'm in the driveway," I said still crying.

"Stay put, I'm on my way."

I put my phone in my back pocket, and stepped out of my car for some fresh air. I looked at the front door, and I saw Henry peering through the glass. He was crying. I ran up to the door, opened it, and gave him a hug.

"Henry, what's wrong?

"I'm sad because you're sad Mommy," he said.

That means, he saw the whole thing. He saw me break down, he saw me lose myself.