Chapter 30

1 Year Later

Emily POV

At last, I heard the words "You may kiss the bride."

I looked right into Jennifer Jareau's beautiful, bright blue eyes, the ones I could still get lost in years later. I gently rested my hands on her cheeks and placed my lips upon hers. The kiss I'd been waiting for since the night I put the engagement ring on my finger.

It was official, I could now say I'm married to my best friend.

"I love you." I whispered onto her lips.

"I love you too." She reciprocated.

As I pulled away a single tear streamed down Jennifer's cheek, a happy tear. I wiped it away with my thumb. We clasped our hands together at waist level and I took in everything going on around me. The applause and cheering from our closest friends and family, our team, and reality set in that this is the woman I get to spend the rest of my life with.

JJ POV

As the night went on, we danced and laughed, ate, and drank the best wine money could buy. The joy all around us was almost overwhelming at times. Today was a celebration of my love for Emily, and Emily's love for me. Emily Prentiss, my wife, my rock, my lover.

Everything about this night was perfect. The people, the cake, our dresses. It truly was my dream wedding.

The night went by too quickly, and suddenly people started trickling out until it was just the wedding staff, Emily, our families, and the team.

Before the BAU team left, they presented Emily and I with a picture we had all taken at one of Rossi's dinner parties.

I turned to Emily, "This one's definitely replacing the ugly painting in the living room."

"Hey! I love that painting! Emily exclaimed.

"Love it more than this picture?" I asked.

"I guess not..." Emily chuckled.

The team said there goodbyes, our families made their way back to their hotels and we were finally able to go back home.

LATER THAT NIGHT

Emily POV

After JJ and I hung up our gifted picture, we headed to the bedroom. We changed into our PJ's and laid down for bed.

After a long day you'd think all I'd want to do is sleep, but I was so happily excited. The thought kept replaying in my mind, I'm married to the love of my life.

I turned to JJ, "Guess what?"

"What?" She asked.

"We're married." I said in a casual tone.

We both bursted out in laughter, and I snuggled closer to my wife.

"I love you Emily." JJ whispered.

"I love you too Jennifer, goodnight."

I flicked off the lamp on my bedside table, kissed JJ goodnight, and laid down to sleep next to my wife.

My wife.

THE END