Chapter 14

Emily POV

I woke up, naked under the covers, my legs tangled with JJ's. I opened my eyes just enough to see that she was still sleeping, and the room was still dark, so it must be early. I closed my eyes in hopes of falling back to sleep, but then I remembered; I had sex, with JJ. I remembered how she had ended up underneath me, and how easy it was. There weren't any awkward moments, or things done that were uncomfortable. It was all simplistic, or as simple as sex could possibly me. The feeling of her hands on me and her breathing on my neck, were feelings that I had grown to absolutely love. I knew I had wanted this since she kissed me the first time that night, and although she was hesitant at first I knew we both felt the same way. In my past, whenever I'd had sex with a man it was always the same. The same feelings, the same outcome, but with JJ there was so much more involved. I wasn't necessarily driven by need, but passion and love. There was nothing better than what happened last night.

I opened my eyes again, looking at her. She was so beautiful, she always looked perfect. I kissed her on the forehead, and spotted a hickey I had left her on the side of her neck. I got out of bed to go to the bathroom, and pulled a t-shirt out of one of my dresser drawers and slipped it over my head, and walked into the bathroom. I was able put my hair up, and brush my teeth before I heard her getting out of bed.

"What time is it?" I heard her ask me from the other side of the wall.

I raised my voice, "Not sure, check one of our phones."

"It's 4:30."

I walked back into the bedroom, where she was sitting on the edge of the bed, mostly clothed already.

"I don't know how we can both be functional humans this early." I laughed.

"Me either, but today is the day." She mentioned.

I looked at her, confused.

"The day I tell Will that I'm with another woman."

"Oh, I forgot about that. But I mean, ever since you two officially got divorced he seems to be less aggressive."

"True, but I honestly have no idea how he'll react. I know he's not gonna hurt me, because we'll be in a public place and he knows if he tries anything again the whole team will be on his ass about it within moments. I'm just worried that once he finds out its you, he's gonna hurt you."

"Don't worry about it Jayje, like you said, if he tries anything the whole team will be there to stand up for us... Once we tell them." I remembered that the team still doesn't know about our relationship.

"How about this, today I'll tell Will and you can tell Penelope. Spencer already knows and he seemed happy about it, and I know she will too. Then when I come back tomorrow we can tell everyone together, okay?"

"Okay." I reassured myself.

Not only did this mean telling people about JJ and I, but it was sort of like coming out in a way. I don't think either of us had a label for our feelings, we're just two women in love. That's what it was. Maybe someday we'll figure it out, but for now it's easier to just skip the labels and live our lives with each other.

JJ POV

I went throughout the morning as I normally would, I ate breakfast, cleaned up our room, showered, got dressed, and spent some time with Emily watching TV before she left for work.

She had her own routine too. She skipped breakfast, showered, got dressed, and looked over case files and paper work until she left.

She always kissed me on the lips, and gave me a hug before she left.

"Good luck today, I love you!" She said before she closed the door behind her.

It was about 6 am, and I texted Will asking him if he was willing to meet for coffee at around noon, and anxiously waited for a reply.

It wasn't even five minutes later I heard my phone ring, and I answered. It was Will.

"Hey!" I said.

"I can meet for coffee, when and where?" He asked me.

"There's that place we always used to go to when I was pregnant with Henry, we can go there, maybe at 11?" I offered.

"Alright, sounds good. May I ask why?"

"I just need to talk to you about some stuff, I'll explain more when we get there."

"Alright." He said before hanging up.

Now all I had to do was wait.

Emily POV

I got to work, set my stuff down at my desk and wandered into Garcia's office.

When she heard me walk in, she turned around with a big smile on her face, and got up to hug me.

She sat back down, and I opened my mouth to speak but she beat me to it.

"How's JJ? How are you?" She asked.

"Well, we're great. More than great actually..." I could feel myself blushing and I looked down hoping she wouldn't notice. "There's something I need to tell you."

"Spit it out!" She encouraged me.

"You know, JJ and I are best friends and we spend all our time together, and after she attempted suicide, we became inseparable, and I realized how much I loved her. I fell in love with her."

"Wait, are you saying what I think you're saying?" She began to smile wider than ever before.

"Yes. JJ and I are in a relationship." I finally said, breathing a sigh of relief.

"Oh my gosh! I'm so happy for you two!"

She got up again to hug me, and I hugged her right back.

I began to cry.

"Aw, no Em don't be sad."

"I'm not sad, I'm beyond happy. I'm glad you're so supportive of us. It really means the world to me." I told her.

"Of course. So, who else knows?"

"You, and Reid. JJ's telling Will today. When she comes back tomorrow we plan on telling the team." I explained.

"Oh, well best of luck with that, but you should probably go." She looked up, and I turned around to see Hotch walking our way.

"Right, thanks Garcia." I smiled at her.

JJ POV

It was almost time to leave to meet Will and all day I had been planning out what I was gonna say in my head.

Before I left, I looked at myself in the mirror and noticed something on the side of my neck. I pulled my hair back to reveal a decent sized hickey that Emily must've left from last night. 'Jesus, Em.' I thought to myself, smiling. I covered it to the best of my ability, and walked out the door.

I arrived at the coffee shop, where I could already see Will sitting inside. I walked in, and sat down across from him at the table near the window.

"Hi." I said.

"So, what do you have to tell me?"