Chapter Six

Chapter Six

Will responded with a smiley face and a couple of kisses which made me feel better. I decided to be the perfect housewife for a day and make my very own special recipe chicken with curry sauce and home made chips - which we used to sit down and enjoy often. We always had little chef wars uptil the point when we moved in with each other, maybe I needed to act like I used to. Maybe we'd both forgotten how to be ourselves...

Later that night, we did sit down to perfectly cooked, herb covered chicken, and we laughed a little. I looked into his eyes a few times and the intensity burned right through me.

"This sounds odd, but... I think we should act like I'm not pregnant," I suggested, watching him try to get every little bit off chicken from the bone.

"That is odd, I don't get it though?" He said, looking genuinely confused.

"I mean... let's act like we usually do. We'll just cut out alcohol and food I can't eat. I'll only be cutting soft boiled eggs out of my diet at that rate anyway."

"Sounds good. Does that mean we can... bonk?"

I burst out laughing and nodded. He smirked at me and laughed a little himself, then we had this perfect eye contact.

"I think that until I get a bump and see our baby kicking in the ultrasound pictures, that if will feel very real anyway. I mean, I feel that I am pregnant, even though I'm not feeling sick anymore."

"That sounds good to me. I'm just scared I'm gonna lose the girl I love."

"I was scared that I'd lost the guy I love because I got pregnant."

"No babe."

My eyes filled with tears, and he laughed a little at me, I smiled. I could not describe how relieved I felt. We finished off dinner and we shared a close hug. It had been so long since I'd been given a proper hug, once in which I felt the love.

.

.

.

Things were going well between us, even though he was still un-enthusiastic about anything pregnancy related, I was just glad to have my man back. I just had to keep hoping that he would come around to it when it started getting real.

Keira was very busy with examinations and coursework that she didn't seem to have the time to talk to be about my worries and sometimes Holly was far too busy too so I did feel very alone. It was times like these that I wished my Mum was around. I could exactly talk to Harriet. Although, I was realising that I needed to tell them that I was pregnant.

One thing the book didn't tell me was how much I would worry about every little pain or emotion. I tried not to worry and convinced myself that everything was going well and that there was nothing to worry about but I couldn't help it, until I hit my 12-week mark I wasn't going to stop panicking.

My results from the midwife appointment should have stopped me worrying because there was nothing abnormal - which surprised me. There again, I had been eating a balanced diet and I had being far more active thanks to working fulltime.

A letter came through mid April to say that the 'dating scan' ultrasound had been booked for Friday 1st May at the local hospital. I was so excited and I was even happier to see that Will booked the day off to go to it with me. It meant the world to me. I was worried that he'd find a way out of it.

I decided that I had to tell Dad now that I was around 10 weeks pregnant because he deserved to know, then I would tell work - I couldn't believe I still hadn't told them! And as soon as I had decided I texted them to say that I wanted to come over for dinner sometime and so Sunday dinner was a go ahead. Thankfully, Will would be at work - I didn't want Will to be with me when I told them the good news because I was scared he wouldn't act very enthusiastic. Happily, Will wanted to avoid my Dad too.

"So," I began as we all finished desert, "I have something to tell you."

"Your not getting married are you?" Harriet joked.

"Nope, you know I'm not pro-marriage!" I grinned.

"So, is it good news?" Dad asked.

"I'm pregnant," I beamed.

Harriet looked over the moon, Lily and Joe were shocked and Dad smiled at me.

"Congratulations, honey," Were his words. And I expected him to ask how Will felt but he didn't. I was so relieved, everybody seemed happy for me.

"So, how many weeks are you?" Harriet asked.

"Well, I found out a couple of weeks ago but my scan is in a couple of weeks. I've been desperate to tell you all but I've only just started telling people," I replied, "I'm thrilled to be pregnant, Will's still in shock but we're happy."

"That's good," Harriet grinned and Dad smiled.

"You're making me a Grandad," He joked, finishing off his apple crumble, "Well done!"

As I finished off my crumble and took my plate into the kitchen, I felt something very strange. A little fluttering feeling inside my stomach. Oh my, it's my baby! I realised I could feel my little cherub moving around and I felt so happy. I had to announce this to my family and then I texted Will, Holly and Keira.