Chapter 11

How much longer would we be here? It has been days and the only contact I have come in with anyone was my kidnapper.

They bring me food each day, which I eat cautiously. I don't want to take the risk of being poisoned, or worse.

My mind is flooding with questions. Where is are the others? How are they? Why can't I remember my aunt and uncle? Who is the man that visits me?

I am trying to create different theories in my head. Sadly, none seem to make sense. Some of those questions have to tie together, or connect somehow. I just don't know how.

Suddenly, I heard the door creak open, and I nearly jumped out of my skin. The man walks up, I am still tense, and opens the door again, walks in and closes it.

He stops in front of me, crouched down, and looks me in the eye. "Good news. We have a way to save your life," the man says.

My brow scrunches up in confusion, to which he continues,"I'm sure you have heard of that drug we have come up with that takes away your powers. You let us use it on you and become one of us, we leave you alone. If not, then we consider you a threat that will be annihilated immediately."

I already know my answer,"No. I'm not destroying the gifts that God has blessed me with for all of my life for such a selfish reason as to save my own life when He is the one that died for me."

He chuckles,"I'll let you think about it. You might change your mind."

"I wouldn't count on it."
________
A while after the man walks out, my body begins to feel even more stiff. I can't move my position much with these chains and the pain is catching up.

'Where in the world is Agag? What about Twi? Is Ligero okay? The questions kept racing through my mind and I felt completely and utterly helpless. I hated this feeling.

A warm feeling surrounds my right hand and I realize that something is burning through the chain. Confusion runs through me as the chain breaks and the other chain begins to melt as well.

Once I'm free, I immediately jump away from the melting chains. Again, something begins to burn through the floor, creating a hole. Soon, the hole stops melting  and Agag comes through it.

"Agag?! How did you-" he cut me off.

"Shh! We don't have a lot of time. Twi and Ligero are downstairs, we need to leave now!"

I nod and follow him down. Twi engulfed me in a hug and I hug back. Then, I look to the others,"Long time no see, huh?"

We all laugh until Agag speaks up,"Alright, come on. I know the way out from here. Follow me."
----------
We have to be close to the exit. So far, we have had to knock out a total of fifteen guards and three dogs.

This place is a maze. Every time we turn, it's like we have already been here.

"Agag? Are you sure you know where you're going?" I ask, uncertain.

"Of course I do! We turn left up here and-" he was cut off.

We look in front of us and the man that kept coming in my cell was there, guns in hand. "Well, well, well. Good job Agag. Never would have gotten them if it wasn't for-" Agag cut him off.

"Stupidity, yeah I know. Just let us go and there won't be a need for a fight."

The man looks at Agag quizzically before looking to us. "I don't think you have a choice in the matter."

All four of us stood out ground, sending him the message that we do have a choice. He scoffs.

All of us charge up to him, dodging his bullets along the way. I reach him first and went to kick him in the head, but he blocks it with his left arm, then uses his right hand to try and shoot me. I quickly dodge and land on my feet.

I look up and see Ligero swipe at his feet in an attempt to make him lose balance which only succeeds for a second. Twi uses that time to her advantage and kicks him in the chest, knocking him to the ground.

We all surround him as he tries to get up. Next, we walk past him. We were a few steps away from the door when we hear a gunshot go off. I turn to look at the man who is still on the floor, but the gun in his left hand is pointing straight at Twi.

Twi looks down and sees her side beginning to bleed and collapses. Ligero catches her in his arms as her breathing becomes deeper and more desperate.

Two scientists run up behind our kidnapper as he stood up. "You idiot! We need her and the ice one alive," one of the scientists yell.

My mind froze. Why do they need us? There are only four of us left so why only the two of us?

Agag snaps me out of my thoughts,"Glace! We need to leave, now!"

I just nod and follow behind the two of them. I can still hear the two scientists yelling at us as we leave, all the way until we make it outside and we run.