Alternate Ending #1

The wind whips at my hair and dries out my eyes as we make our way through the woods. It was substantially cold today as I gather more firewood for the rest.

Agag's fire is the only thing helping him through it. When I make it back, I look at the others as they are shivering, and pray I could do something to help them. If I made an ice wall, the wind would just blow the coldness of the ice onto them, making it even colder.

I pray to Jesus that the wind will stop, and immediately it slows down. 'That was quick,' I think to myself and smile up at Him.

I look at the others and realize it's also my cold atmosphere making them shiver. I go on top of the wooden treehouse and turn my gaze to the sunrise. Though I love it, I can't focus on it. My thoughts are swirling in a whirlwind.

My heart feels like it was ripped out of my chest as I remember their faces. Cold, sick, in pain. And what can I do to help? Stay away.

I decide I should get more firewood as help and jump down to the level of my friends.

"Hey, I'm going to get more firewood," I say and they just nod.

My face becomes downcast, but I try to cover it up. I turn to leave and jump off of the treehouse, landing on the ground with four feet.

I take off through the woods and stop to look at the treehouse again briefly. I slow my pace to a trot, then a fast walk, then a slow walk as I get my thoughts straight. I hear a snap behind me and I turn to see Agag. I sigh in relief and shift, then panic. He can't be out here! He'll freeze to death!

"Agag! No! Go back!" I exclaim frantically.

"Shh, I'm fine. See?" He touches my face and it's extremely hot. I flinch back briefly, first from fear of hurting him, then from the fear of the hotness.

The hot hand hurts, but I disregard it as he hugs me. I guess he can read me easily, I'm not exactly a closed book.

Eventually, my body temperature goes up too humid and I back out of the hug. His face is confused and hurt until I cover myself in frost. The hurt stays in his expression though.

Since my plan to split up didn't fly well, we still stayed together and it's taken me all this time to get over the fear of hurting them. Although, a new fear has arisen. The fear of Agag and I hurting each other.

"Hey," he whispers and I glance up at him. He smiles that million-dollar smile and I can't help but smile too.

He leans in and kisses me and I break apart. I love Agag, I really do. He's a boyfriend God blessed me with and I couldn't thank Him enough. Though, we're plat opposites. North and South, hot and cold. There's no in between.

"We'll be fine," Agag whispers again and I don't smile. We can't even hug for very long. Maybe if my power was the same as his...wait, that's it! I'll just find a way to change myself so it won't be so hard.
_______
I told the others I'd be going into town soon and I'd be back after a while. Agag was uncomfortable, I could tell, but I need to do this for us.

I turn a corner, dodging Guard and head directly where they just came from. Their base.

When I reach the end of the alleyway, I spot the base and it's massive. I have to stand there, gawking before I can grab ahold of myself to come up with a plan to get in. The only way to get in is to-oh great. I shift into my snow fox and walk out to where all of the guards are.

"Hey! Get her!" One yells and I take off, not as fast as I could've. One dives and grabs my tail. I shriek, well whatever a fox can shriek like, and pretend to struggle as another picks me up by the back of my neck. I can't move in any way that would attack him.

"Well, won't boss be happy to see his little niece?" He says and I hiss.

Gee wiz, I sound like a cat. The man's smile fades and just takes me inside, passing through several security gates along the way.

When we make it inside, the man throws me inside a cell and my head hits the wall so hard I black out.

Hey, there! So that's part one of the first alternate ending! I pray you guys enjoyed it! Let me know what you guys think/thought in the comments and if you liked it don't forget to vote!
Keep skippin closer to God!
With love and prayers,
Skippy!