Chapter Eight

Soon enough we both fell asleep in each other’s arms with a small smile playing on both our faces. I will never let her go.

|Murasaki Okami|

I woke up to Sasuke’s light snore and his peaceful face. I frowned knowing how his dream went, ‘Why did you give him that dream Fuzen?’ I asked. Fuzen tiredly spoke, ‘Gomen—it’s my job to disturb people of their sweet dreams and plant them with their greatest fears,’ Fuzen said. I sighed and sat up from the bed and glanced over towards an empty bed. I stood up immediately with Sasuke following my lead, “What—,” I growled and marched outside the room only to see Karin glaring harshly at Aki as she had him pinned up against the wall. “What are you doing to my pup?” I growled at her. I felt electricity around my neck; Karin felt shocked and let Aki go, “N-Nothing,” she stuttered. Aki run behind me with tears in his eyes; “Okami,” Suigetsu said surprised. I was shaking in anger, “You don’t ever touch my pup—if you do I will personally hunt you down, kill you and play fucking jump rope with your intestines. Got it?” I growled at her.

She nodded her head hurriedly and a calming hand appeared on my shoulder. I looked behind me to see Jugo smiling at me and Sasuke not to far from him glaring at Jugo’s hand. I sighed heavily and soon the electricity stopped, “Arigato,” I whispered at Jugo and carried Aki in my arms. He wrapped his arms around my neck and nuzzles his head against the crook of my neck. “I wanna go Okaa-san,” he whispered. I nodded my head and turned to look at Sasuke, “I will see you soon,” I said and vanished using all that familiar jutsu. We appeared a few miles away from Konoha and I let Aki down on his feet, “Are you oaky?” I asked. Aki nodded his head and smiled at me, “Arigato—Karin was glaring at me throughout the whole time I was making breakfast for myself till I snapped,” Aki murmured. I smiled down at him, “Aki—I know how you get when someone even stares at you for too long,” I said.

We walked the few miles towards Konoha easily greeted by the two idiots, “Welcome back guys,” Izumo and Kotetsu said with a smile on their faces. “Hi guys,” Aki smiled back at them. We headed back towards the Hokage’s office only to be greeted by Naruto’s loud-mouth shouts. Shaking my head at this I opened the door without knocking, “Okami,” Third smiled. I nodded my head at him while Tsunade glared at Naruto, “How was your mission Okami-nee-chan?” Naruto asked. “We meet up with Uchiha Sasuke—,” Aki was caught off by Naruto. “YOU MEET SASUKE?! WHY DIDN’T YOU TAKE ME ON THIS MISSION?!” he shouted. “Because it wasn’t a retrieval mission,” Aki said in a ‘duh’ tone. “It wasn’t?” Naruto asked. I shook my head, “The report,” Aki said when I handed Lady Tsunade the mission report. “So silent even your son has to talk for you,” Tsunade grumbled. “I can talk for myself he just do it for fun,” I whispered while Aki grinned at Lady Tsunade.

Tsunade sighed heavily and dismissed us not before Third stood up and walked with us, “Okami—Shikaku has been asking me to play shogi with him—I want you to come along as well to meet him,” he said. I nodded my head and Aki run off with Naruto. “Stay close and keep him out of trouble,” I said. Naruto saluted at me, “Will do,” he grinned. “I wasn’t talking to you Naruto—I was telling that to Aki,” I said while Naruto anime fall and Aki laughed. The Third chuckled and made me follow him towards the Nara residence. Once there I spotted an older version of Shikamaru—I sighed heavily, ‘Why do I get to meet him? I already know him,’ I thought.

‘From our world—not in theirs,’ Jubi replied. “Shikaku—I would like for you to meet Okami,” Third smiled. Shikaku smiled at me, “Hey there Okami I’m Nara Shikaku—Shika—,” “Dad, who are you—Okami,” Shikamaru interrupted his father before gasping and looking at me with shock wide eyes. I nodded my head at Shikamaru and soon I saw unshed tears. I smiled at him, “Not your fault,” I whispered. Shikaku was confused to what we were talking about till Hokage filled him in. “Oh, what a drag,” I heard Shikaku murmured causing me to chuckle softly. I walked over to Shikamaru and hugged him; his arms safely wrapped around me and he hugged me tightly against him. “Gomen,” he whispered.