Chapter Eleven

“It is what I do best, Kiyoshi-san. I protect my comrades and family, that is my nindo my Ninja Way,” Okami said. 

|Murasaki Okami|

I frowned at the thing that was in front of me—dangos. “What’s this?” I asked. “It’s—,” “I know what they are—I am asking you why is this for?” I asked Kiyoshi. He shrugged his shoulders, “For helping me I guess,” he said. I frowned and he saw it, “You don’t like it do you?” he asked. “I only eat it when it’s an emergency,” I answered. He gave me a confused look; sighing I looked at him, “I have a rare disease that causes my sugar levels to be uncontrollable,” I said. He frowns, “So you eat if your sugar levels are down?” he asked. I nodded my head, “And if my sugar levels are high I get a shot,” I said.

“You will never be the sister of Tori—you fucking monster,” she whispered in my ear over dinner. Ayame smirked towards my way while Tori happily sat next to her eating his rice balls without a care. I frowned at the plate in front of me—sweets was practically covering the whole plate. Jubi growls at this, ‘This bitch,’ he snarled. I pushed the plate in front of me only to get slapped. Tori stopped and looked at us, “You ungrateful brat!” she spat hitting me again. “STOP IT!! DON’T HIT HER!!” Tori shouted throwing his rice balls at mother. She paused in shock and turned to look at Tori, “Don’t touch her! She didn’t do anything wrong!! She can’t eat that!!” Tori shouted again with anger covering his eyes. Mother turned to look at me with hatred, “What did you do to him!?” she grabbed my hair and brought me to the floor.

“Did you brainwashed him?!” she shouted again as she kicked me. I sighed heavily and pushed her off. She was surprised, “I can’t stand you and your ways. You are one pathetic human,” Jubi’s voice coated over mine make her shudder in fear but soon my collar shocked me and Jubi was gone again. I walked away from a shocked family till Tori came around the table and run towards me. He only hugged my legs, “Nee-san, don’t go. Please don’t leave me,” he cried. I smiled sadly at him and patted his head. “I’m sorry Tori—I have to go, I can see I’m no longer needed here,” I said. He cried even more and I could see Ayame’s eyes get glassy. ‘Bitch—she shouldn’t cry over you,’ Jubi growled. I smiled at her and patted once more on Tori’s head. “I will see you around, Tori-chan. But if you need anything here give me a call,” I gave him a paper slip with my number on it. He nodded his head and put the slip somewhere mother won’t be able to get it. “Bye,” I whispered and walked out of the door, not bothering to gather my things. Things I don’t even have just a blanket and pillows as I have nothing I owned in this house.

“Hello—Okami-chan, you still here?” I heard Kiyoshi’s voice enter my mind. I shook my head and smiled at him, “Gomen, I was thinking about something,” I said. He only huffed but shoved another dango in his mouth, “Okami-chan, Kiyoshi-san,” I heard someone call us. We both turned and saw it was an ANBU member, “Hai?” Kiyoshi asked with a mouth full of dango. “Lady Tsunade wishes to speak to you two,” he said. We both nodded our heads and disappeared after paying the bill. We appeared outside the office and knocked on the door, “Enter,” came a short reply. We both entered the office only to see Kakashi and Anko standing there with their backs facing us, “You wanted to see us, Lady Tsunade?” Kiyoshi asked. Tsunade nods her head and mentions us to get closer, “Okami, you are in charge of this mission,” Tsunade said making all three tense up. I nod my head, “This mission is to go to the Land of Lighting; this box contains a peace offering that no other nation can give it to them, so many rouges and bandits are going to be after it,” Tsunade said.

I took the box and did one of my special jutsus. The box shrank in size and I grabbed a hold of my collar and stuck the box in there. Everyone was shocked, “What?” I whispered. “Since when can you do that?” Lady Tsunade asked. “Last night,” I whispered. She nodded her head and gave me the scroll for our mission, “Meet at the gates in ten,” she said and dismissed us. We headed our separate ways; I reached my house only to see the door wide open. I masked my chakra signature and entered the house. I saw Aki laying down on the ground with Naruto covering him, “LEAVE US ALONE!!” he shouted. I looked inside to see someone hovering over them with a kunai in their hands. Naruto looked angry and fought the intruder. I shook my head and appeared in front of Naruto blocking the intruder’s hidden katana that was aiming for Naruto’s heart.