Chapter 22

Lea's POV

Two months have passed and Harry hasn't woken up. The doctors have started losing their hope but I know that he'll wake up. I was in my room to get some clothes for the hospital when I saw Harry's present for my birthday. I remember that he told me to not to open it up until I go home, but with all these things that happened I didn't have the chance to see what he bought me. I took a deep breath and I opened the bag. In a box there was a sign for my bracelet with the number 10 and a heart necklace that if you open it there is a photo of me and him. Behind there was written the phrase "You are my once upon a time". There was also an envelope inside.

" Dear princess,

When you read this letter, I won't be there to see your expression. I'm not a good person, princess. I have done things after Sarah's death that I'm not proud of. I will explain everything to you in this letter in case something bad happens to me.

When Sarah died, I was out of control. I lost the woman that I loved and that I wanted to have a family with. I stopped playing the piano, I stopped singing, I stopped laughing, I stopped everything. I wasn't myself anymore and I started drinking. I thought that it would help me to forget what happened and how awful I felt, that it would fill up this hole in my chest. That led me to take some bad decisions. One night, I was in a bar that it was in the neighbourhood that Leo's gang was living. I was drinking when someone came to me and we started talking. When I decided to leave, I couldn't stand on my own and he helped me. He took me to his house and he accomodated me. The next day I met the rest of the gang. For a few months I didn't know who they really were and I thought that they were my friends. One day, they told me about their activities and they wanted to join them, but I couldn't do it. I wasn't like them. Leo wasn't the leader at that moment and as I had a lot of information and evidence about them, the leader let me go with one condition. To not to tell anything to the police. If I did they made clear that they would kill the people that I love and after that they would kill me. A few months ago, the leader died and Leo became the new one. Unfortunately, he didn't care about the evidence and he wanted to take revenge. He told me to stay away from you if I want you to stay alive. I persuaded him that we are just friends and he turned his attention back to me. For a month, I was making up a plan to get rid of him.

That day, I heard the whole conversation with Michael. You can't imagine how happy I was when you said to him all these things. It made me think that I maybe had a chance with you. A chance that I had to destroy so I would protect you. To say to you all these awful things, it was the hardest thing to do. You changed me, princess. You brought the old Harry back. I like you a lot and I would love to be with you. You are so special. But I can't change my past. And it is determined to destroy my future. I know that I can't make you happy and I want you to give a chance to Michael. I know that he is the one that you really want and I hope you have your happy ending. The sign that I bought you represents the first kiss that we had at our special place. I kissed you because I wanted to and I'm glad that you kissed me back. I hope you like my gifts.

Forever yours,
Harry. "

I was crying and I war reading the letter over and over again. He didn't forget the kiss. A lot of emotions filled my heart. I wore the necklace and I put the sign on my bracelet and I headed to the hospital.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Harry's POV

All this time I have been seeing darkness. Suddenly I felt falling and I headed to a beautiful place. It was full of grass and trees, there was a lake and it was quiet and peaceful. I heard a voice and I turned around.

"Sarah, what am I doing here. Did I die?". She smiled at me and came closer. "No Harry. Lea saved you. You're lucky that you have her. You have to wake up Harry. It's up to you. You can't leave her. I know how much you love her. I can see that you love her stronger than me. And I'm glad that you do. I know that she is the one for you and I can see that she wants you too. She may think that she is confused, but soon she will realize that she knew from the start and will make her choice. So, wake up Harry and make her happy".

"Why do you say me all these things?". "I hurt you a lot Harry. My death broke you. We loved each other but there wasn't this spark that you feel when you are with Lea. I want you to be happy and to get what you deserve. It's my gift for you. This is the last time that I see you and talk to you like that. It's good to know that I helped you. And now it's the time to say goodbye. Take care of yourself Harry. I know that you treat Lea right. Goodbuy". She left me there and I started falling again in the darkness. I tried to find a way to escape from here and to wake up. I hope I made it.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
* I know that there were some questions about who is Leo and I decided that is the proper way to answer them.
* Thank you for reading my story. Please, comment too.:D

~ Don't hesitate to vote and comment. Love you.xxx