Chapter Thirty - Two

A/N: For those who may be rereading, I added these two chapters about a year after I finished this book. I felt like it ended too suddenly, so enjoy these new addtions to the book. More bonus chapters are still to come. (: 

•Claire's POV•

"Hey, Eddie, I know it's been awhile since I've last saw you and I just wanted to see how you're doing," I said smiling as I waited for a response.

Silence.

"I was looking through my pictures on my phone earlier and I came across a picture we took once when we were hanging out. It was a long time ago towards the beginning of the year, but one look at it made me cry like a baby for hours, yet at the same time smile for hours. You were sitting there with the biggest smile on your face and I was right next to you making some disgusted face at the camera and standing there in the back was the guy from Steak & Shake looking like he was in the middle of twerking." I told him wiping the tear that threatened to fall.

Silence.

"I-I miss you." My voice cracked as I stared at his gravestone.

"I hope you're happy up there because if not I'll make sure to come up there and kick someone's ass if needed." I started again after a minute of calming myself down. "You know Caiden finally admitted he doesn't hate me. I know you always thought he would end up some alcoholic or he would die by the time he reached twenty-five, but I like to think if I keep trying to convince him he will go and finally get some help. You know I got some help, I can't say it's definitely working, but recently my therapist keeps telling me I'm improving and getting better." I looked up as I felt a few drops of water on my face and then watched as it started to pour, water immediately soaking me. I embraced the feeling of the ice, cold water hitting me and finally let myself cry again.

I don't know how long I sat there talking to Eddie, but I knew it was time to go when it was pitch black with very few street lights on. I kissed my hand and touched the gravestone and gave a shaky smile. "See you soon," I whispered, before standing up and not even bothering to wipe my puffy eyes.

Pulling my black leather jacket closer to my body, I walked to my car. I unlocked it and took the twenty-minute drive back to school. I parked in my usual spot and slowly walked to the building with most of the dorms. Pausing at the doors, I looked back and the only school that was in walking distance from this one. I've been at this school for about four weeks now and final exams were coming up quickly, yet I was never in the mood to study. I wanted to go out, I wanted to live for the moment, and I wanted something, anything in my life to go right. I needed something that I know would stay.

I let out a deep breath and opened the doors, after sliding my card and went up to the main elevator, heading up to my dorm. I unlocked the door and walked in to see my roommate, Kayla sleeping peacefully. What surprised me was Caiden leaning against my headboard staring at me.

"What are you doing in here?" I hissed quietly, glancing at the open window that just so happened to have a huge tree next to it. Oh, the perks of having a dorm in the back of the building.

" I was worried." He said and I scoffed, shaking my head.

"You know I do get tired of hearing those words from everyone. I'm not some fragile little girl who can't handle anything. I've been grieving, Caiden. It's something everyone has to do in life if they want to move on." I said quietly sitting on the side of my bed, so I was next to him.

"Yes, but sitting at the cemetery for most of the day without eating or drinking a thing is unhealthy. I won't let you become this empty shell. You don't want to be some bitch who doesn't care about anyone or anything, Claire. You think you can live without friends or anyone around you, but it will only make everything worse." Caiden said turning, so he we sitting next to me on the bed.