Chapter Ten

My eyes watched as the huge spider crawled across my floor and I squealed going under my covers. One thing I hate more then anything is spiders. Those things act like they own the place.This spider was like the size of a baseball. Spiders have families and if you kill someone in their family those things will come after you. I can't stay under here forever and I have the chance of losing the spider so I really only have a few options,

A.) Go hide in the bathroom.

B.) Call Nathan and make him come over here and kill it and then the spiders family could go after him.

C.) Put the spider on Caiden's bed and then kill it.

D.) All of the above.

Considering all of my options, I decided with D and grabbed my phone running to the bathroom and locked the door. I called Nathan and he answered the phone after two rings.

"Nathan! My favorite friend. My best best friend. Do you know how much I love you." I said and he scoffed.

" You only want me to kill a spider don't you?" Nathan said and my eyes widened. Abort mission! Abort the mission!

"What of course not." I scoffed.

Who am I kidding?

"It's probably crawling on your bed as we speak." He said and I shivered at the thought.

"I lovee yoouuu." I said dragging out the last letters and he chuckled.

"I'll be over in a minute."

"Wait! You have to leave the body on Caiden's bed!"

He'll kill you for this.

I know.

"Anything else?"

"Can I stay in your dorm room tonight?"

"Yeah, my roommate should be gone for the weekend doing who knows what and plus I'd rather not find you dead on you bed bleeding out because of Caiden."

"This is why we're best friends," I told him and I could only imagine him rolling his eyes.

"I'm walking in now. Where is it?"

"By the t.v," I told him before biting my lip. The phone was silent for a moment before Nathan yelled, " It's dead on Caiden's bed. You may come out. " Hanging up the phone I unlocked the door and walked out slowly.

"Again this is why you're my best friend. " I said while grinning before grabbing my carry on and filled it with some girl clothes and some guy clothes. It would be nice to change into my usual shorts and tank top. I can't sleep with these long shorts and t-shirts anymore. I get too hot with this many clothes on.

"We're watching Les Misérables first." I said and he chuckled, " I figured as much." His arm rested on my shoulder as we headed across the hall to his room. The second the door closed I had my wig off and let my blonde hair cascade down my back. Nathan got the popcorn and movie ready as I changed into my grey Soffe shorts and a purple tank top.

"Oh. you don't know how much I missed your beautiful blonde hair." Nathan said dramatically, pulling me into a random hug and putting his face in my hair.

"Are you smelling my hair?" I asked scrunching up my nose and he pulled away with a cheeky smile on his face. We walked over to his bed and laid back in our usual positions where I was sitting in between his legs with my back rested against his chest with the popcorn bowl in my hands as the commercials played. My thoughts went back to that spider in my room and I couldn't help but feel bad. Life would be easier if I could talk to spiders.