Chapter Twenty-Four

•Claire's POV•

" It's been a while man." Kyle said smirking as we all sat at the lunch table.

" What?" Tom asks raising an eyebrow as he took a bite out of his taco.

" Nick got laid last night."

" Isn't he with Claire?" Max asked and Kyle shook his head.

" Nah they broke up like a month ago." Kyle said causing me to stab my burrito.

" Hey man you know you're suppose to use your hands to eat that." Tom said laughing and I gave him a wry smile taking my fork out. Yes, it's been close to a month and Nick is taking advantage of being back on the market. I'm sure Caiden's glad to have his wingman back. They're only with different skanks every night. Before you ask no, I'm not jealous. I've been with . . . absolutely no one since. But I mean who's counting. Glancing at my dad who was sitting in the cafeteria with the blonde lady. It has turned into a daily thing. He was just talking and looking at her like she was the only one in the room.

" You all sound like a bunch of little girls gossiping." I muttered when I tuned in the conversation to hear them still talking about Nick. Standing up and leaving my tray, I exited the cafeteria doors only to bump into a hard chest, instead of their arms attaching to me they pushed me to the floor. "Thanks, l seriously appreciate that." I muttered rubbing my butt.

" Oh it's you." Caiden said looking down at me. I stood up rubbing my butt and glaring at him. I couldn't help but notice his hazel eyes weren't as threatening as they usually were towards me.

" Hey you busy ?" He asked me suddenly making my eyes widen a little.

" No, why?" He didn't respond and only attached his hand to my wrist and started to pull me out of the dining hall. I was dragged down the hall and Caiden tried to open a closed door when we got into the lecture hall. It wouldn't open making him let out an irritated sigh. Taking a key out of his back pocket he stuck it into the door roughly.

Click.

He pushed it open taking the key out of the handle and pulling me in the dark room before letting go of my wrist. " Are you like trying to kidnap me?" Ignoring me once again he shut the door and flicked the light switch on. I took a seat on top of a desk and I swung my legs back and fourth, whistling. I looking around at the unfamiliar classroom.

"Are you done?" He asked making me look back at him. My whistle died completely when I seen him leaning against the desk with crossed arms showing his muscles. I could definitely see him as a hot professor one day.

" Yeah, now why am I here?" I asked looking bored.

" You wanna know something?" He asked me lighting a cigarette. Before I could say anything he continued." I was suspicious when you first got here. You were okay with rooming with me and that was a first. After meeting your friend Claire I was almost positive that you two were the same person." He said blowing smoke out of his lips and letting out a chuckle.

" I even tried calling you Claire once but you didn't respond." When did this happen?" I must be crazy thinking you were a girl. But I figured it out. You definitely aren't Claire but I'm sure you wished you were." I raised an eyebrow at this. He doesn't seem to realize he's rambling but based on his slightly red eyes I could see he has been doing drugs or drinking.

" Where are you going with this?" I asked not even slightly amused. I was glad that he wasn't on to me but I had an uneasy feeling about this situation.

" You want to be a girl." I chocked on my own spit for a good five minutes, dying of laughter.

" I'm perfectly fine with being a male." I say amused.