F O U R

"I'm not saying don't date the guy. I'm just saying take it slow." says Bonnie. I inwardly groan, not wanting to be here at school. I just want to go back home, crawl back under the covers, and pass out.

"You were the one who said to go for it." says Elena, sounding slightly irritated.

"Well, if you want to get technical, it was Caroline and I who said to go for it." I jumped in.

"Yeah, and all I'm saying is take it slow." Bonnie tries to defend herself.

"Why the about-face, Bonnie?" Elena questioned her.

"It's not an about face. You're single for the first time in your entire high school career. It's the perfect time to play the field." at this, I look at Bonnie with a 'seriously' face.

"Right, because sweet, innocent, perfect Elena is so that girl." I giggled, as my older sister glared at me.

"Seriously, Bon, what are you not saying?" Elena pushed.

"It's stupid..."

"Yeah, well, so are half the people in this school." I mumble, not loud enough for anyone to hear.

"Bonnie..." Elena persists.

"What?" Bonnie pretends to not know what she wants.

"Just spit it out already Bon Bon. I'm getting bored of this conversation." I insist.

"I accidentally touched Stefan. And I got a really bad feeling." Now this peeked my interest, making me think back to when I first met him and shook his hand.

"Is that it? Bonnie." Elena says, taking me out of my thoughts.

"Actually, the same thing happened to me. It was when you first introduced me to him at the house... Lena, it was like bad bad." I jump back into the conversation.

"Thank you, Lyd! Somebody gets it!" Bonnie smiles, so I give her one of my signature smirks.

"Seriously! You too Lyd! Bonnie, is this the whole witch mojo thing again?"

"You know what? I'm just concerned. This is me expressing concern about one of my best friend's new boyfriend." Before Elena can say something back, I step in.

"I agree with Bonnie. When I first touched Stefan, it was dark. It was just...indescribably awful. There is just something about Stefan, something seems off." I scrunch up my eyebrows, trying to figure out exactly what that could be.

"Look, I love you guys for looking out for me, I do. But I feel good. Its been a hard year, and I'm starting to feel like things are getting back to normal again. And you know what, Stefan is a big part of that." I see Stefan walking over and I turn around and walk in the opposite direction. I can't help but feel depressed; because while Stefan is there for Elena, helping ease her pain, I'm all alone, with nobody there to help take away some of the pain that is eating away at me constantly.

I was sitting at a table by myself, sketching in my sketchbook, and when I looked up, Tyler chucked a football right at Stefan. But before it could hit him in the back of the head, Stefan turned around, faster than I though humanly possible, and caught it right before it hit him in the face. Then, when he threw the ball back, the force of the ball knocked Ty down to the ground. I smirked to myself, thinking the jackass got what he deserved. After the little incident, headed over to history with jackass #2, or also known as, Mr. Tanner.