Entry #42

Dear Autumn,

It. Was. Magical.

You were beautiful, as always. Your eyes were shining with happiness again and your smile was unlike no other.

In short, you were simply heart-stopping.

Because that's what my heart did. It stopped, then fluttered, and then swelled.

And I tried not to show that, since I was already embarrassing myself by staring at you like an idiot.

You laughed at that. And then said that I looked nice. And my heart swelled even more, though I didn't know that was possible.

After that, we drove to our school and entered the decorated gym where the dance was held.

And then we danced, or more like awkwardly wobbled on my part. 

And then I started laughing with you. Because you are completely and utterly amazing, Autumn.

And it would've been the perfect night if it hadn't for your "friends".

Because they come to us and started calling you names again. And I'm not going to say what they said, because it broke my heart. I really wanted to hurt them like how they hurt you.

But I didn't do that. I couldn't.

So I just hugged you and we walked together out of school. Instead of driving you home, I decided it was best if I stayed with you for a while.

And that's what we did. We stayed together. Walking aimlessly, trying to understand and comfort each other with our silence.

But then it got too late. So we walked back to your house. And then, you did something magical Autumn. 

You kissed me on my cheek and thanked me.

I just stood there (like an idiot).

And then you turned around and walked towards your front door. I was mesmerized, my feet staying in place no matter how much I persuaded myself to leave.

But I stood there. And then once you reached your door, you turned to face me and whispered that you were sorry.

And I understood. So I said that it was okay.

Because it really was.

I'm okay now.

Love,

August

-----------

Guys I just wanted to say thank you for all your support. Really, I feel like I should thank you everyday because your comments and votes make me so happy!