Chap 8

Alli's POV (Fast forward to Sweden Trip)
Sweden was amazing since we got there but I never met the Adam guy. It's been a full week and I still haven't met him. Lex had taken me to the orientation and he stayed with me. We were sent to a practice room to meet Adam. "You know, since this guy is my orientation leader, she should be more punctual," I replied. "More professional too."
"Allison, before anything else does happen I want to ask you one question," Lex smiled. He got out a small box and opened it. It held a small heart shaped diamond engagement ring. "Allison Queen-Kent, will you make me the happiest man alive and marry me?"
"Yes, Lex," I smiled. "I will marry you." Lex smiled and sighed. He slipped the ring on my finger and we hugged. "Of course I would marry you."
"Sorry I'm late," said the guy walking in. "I'm Adam."
"You could be on time," I replied. "I'm Allison Queen-Kent but I go by Alli."
"Alli, I've read what an exceptional young woman you are with your studies," Adam smiled as he looked at me. "But I'm sorry to inform you that the school no longer wants you."
"What?" I asked. "So I wasted my time coming here?" I nodded. "You also wasted Mr. Luthor's time when he could be running his business." I opened the door. "I'm leaving Sweden."
"Sorry," Adam replied.
"No need to apologize when you wasted a week of our time when we could be doing something more important," Lex replied. "You'll regret not wanting to have Allison Kent at your school." We went to the airport and boarded the plane in silence. I just sat on the plane and looked out the window as we took off. "Allison?" Lex sat next to me and I looked at him with a tear rolling down my face. "Allison."
Lex hugged me and my tears just dropped. "This was my chance to leave Smallville," I sighed. "I never wanted to stay in Smallville."
"Your destiny lies far greater than Smallville," Lex replied. "We will find a way."
"But you live in Smallville," I sighed, pulling away. "I couldn't ask you to leave your plant for me."
"We can still live in Smallville and have business in Metropolis," Lex nodded. "Or we can live in Metropolis since you don't want to stay in Smallvile."
"I'm not going to ask you to leave Smallville," I managed a small smile. "I'll just, make the best of it, meaning I'll live with Ollie and go to MetU." We got back to the airport in Metropolis and Oliver was there to pick me up. "Ollie." I ran up to him and gave him a hug. "I've missed you."
"What happened?" Oliver asked as he let go of me. He cupped my face to where I was looking right at him. "Allison, what happened?"
"They no longer wanted me," I nodded. "After everything I've been through, they turned me down."
"They don't have the right to do that," Oliver replied. "Someone is pulling their strings. I'll beat it."
"Drop it Oliver," Lex replied as he walked up to us. Oliver dropped his arms to his side as I turned to look at Lex. "She decided she isn't going to the school. She's going to MetU."
"Usually, he would be gone when I'm around," Oliver replied. "What's going on?"
"Ollie, Lex and I are getting married," I sighed. "He proposed to me in Sweden."
"You're still staying at the penthouse, right?" Oliver asked.
"Yes," I replied.
"No," Lex said simultaneously.
I looked at Lex. "I'm staying with Oliver at his penthouse," I nodded. "Just trust me on this."
"Why would you want to stay at the penthouse when you can live in the castle?" Lex asked.
"Oliver's like a brother to me," I half lied. "I'm staying with him until the wedding."
"Well, until you start planning, that is," Oliver nodded. "And as me being the big brother, I was hoping to be the best man."
"Sorry Ollie, but Dad is walking me down the isle," I smiled. Oliver looked at me. "Mr. Kent, my adopted father."
"Got it," Oliver smiled. "Are you ready to go home?"
"Yeah," I smiled as I grabbed my suitcase. "I'll see you later, Lex." Lex gave me a hug and a kiss on the cheek. I sent him a small smile. Oliver put his arm around me and we walked to his car. He put my suitcase in the car and we got in. He started driving. "Something tells me that you knew Lex was going to ask."
"Yeah, but not this early," Oliver replied. "I was waiting another two weeks." I let out a sigh. "But something tells me you aren't marrying him because you love him."
"I love Lex, I do, but Lex has a motive to everything he does," I nodded. "Thing is, why did he ask me to marry him when he could have anyone else?"
"Maybe because you're Clark's sister and he knows he's that much closer to his secret?" Oliver reminded me. "He's obsessed in finding out Clark's secret and that could put both you and him in danger."
"Ollie, I'm capable of taking care of myself," I nodded. "I don't need Clark or you saving my ass every time I turn around." We got to the penthouse and walked inside. I sat down on the couch and looked at Oliver. "I wanna patrol the streets with you and all your other superpowered buddies."
"You have to take that one up with Clark," Oliver replied.
"From what I know, you're the one leading the team," I replied. "Please?" Oliver looked at me and raised a brow. "Please, Ollie? Please, please, pleeeeaaassseeee?" I practically beg. "Ollie, give this Supergirl a chance."
"Alright, alright," Oliver gave in. "We need to get you a costume."
"Let me work on that," I nodded. "I have a few ideas."