Chapter 4: I'll Call You Ollie

~One year later~

"Ok Nessa next up Disney movies."

I look through the collection of movies we have in the shelves. I've already gone through about six classic movies consisting of White Chicks, The Notebook, Grease, Let Me Explain, and others I'm too tired to remember.

Today is Vanessa's birthday. She and I had a tradition we started on her 10th birthday. Today she would've been 20 years old. It's been almost exactly a year since the accident.

It's crazy to think about how it was only a year ago, I had a living breathing sister celebrating this day with me.

In honor of the promise 7 year year old me made, I started off with a movie marathon like always. I started it sometime ago but time means nothing during the summer. Besides work schedules but I'm off today and tomorrow.

Our movie marathons were always the best part of the summer. We would stay up for hours cracking up and crying, watching some of our favorite movies. If our parents were around we would get in so much trouble for going to bed when the average people were waking up.

This summer would have to be slightly different. This summer I'm flying solo while Nessa is probably chasing Paul Walker around the golden gates.

I pull out the High School Musical Disc and pop it into the DVD player.
"This movie was the shit when we were kids," I say to no one. That's how it is now, I just start talking as if Vanessa is going to reply. It makes me feel closer to her and for some reason I know she's listening.

I sit there watching the movie feeling the nostalgia. If Vanessa was with me she would help me sing along.

"Nessa how come I can't meet a hot guy that sings karaoke?"

I was snuggled up in a blanket when all of the sudden I hear a loud noise.

BAH BAH BAH BAH BAH!!

I get up and look around then I realize it's my alarm clock.

"Why the hell is my-"

I take my phone out of my packet and shut off the alarm. I look at the time and it's 6 o'clock in the morning, "Oh crap!"

Now I remember why I even set my alarm. I rush to the front door and slip my black and white converse on. I make sure I have my phone then grab my keys. Once I have everything I don't bother to turn the tv off, I just leave. Damnit. I missed the "Bop to the top" routine.

I start speed walking hoping I get to my destination on time. It was going to about a 20 minute walk, but it'll be worth it. Even though the uphill hike nearly kills me everytime.

It takes me about 25 minutes and I'm finally here.

The community park.

I quickly sit on one of the swings and just wait. After about five minutes I hear footsteps on the mulch that are...getting closer?

I look over and find a man in a hoodie walking over to the swing next to me. This creep better keep walking. Just look forward and he might leave.

The footsteps have stopped.

"Is this seat taken?" I shake my head and look down and mutter "No". That was where Nessa would sit.

There's an awkward silence before he sits on the swing next to me.

"Um...well I might as well introduce myself, this silence feels weird. I'm Vincent."

He puts his hand out and I reluctantly take it. "I'm Olivia. You can call me Liv or Livvy if you want."