Chapter 25: Cell Of Shame

"What do I say?!"

"Just say yes."

"But I can't, it's weird."

When you get a text from your ex's stepbrother asking if you wanna hang out, getting advice from your best friend is a must. Warning the results may vary.

"All you do is mope around or hang out with me. I mean I love you but it's time for you to make more friends. He might even help you with the Vinny issue, give you a guy's perspective."

I placed a hand over my heart and gasped dramatically. "How dare you! I have lots of friends. Some might even say I'm popular."

Andy laughed and rolled her eyes. "The only place you're popular at is the candy aisle at the grocery store."

I laughed and threw a pillow at her. When our laughter died she gave me a serious look. "All jokes aside you need to get out of your comfort zone. When you come to me we can talk about the situation. You need to get distracted and just have fun. Move on from this, I'm tired of seeing you in this funk."

I sighed and nodded my head. "I guess you're right. Tonight I'm gonna try and enjoy myself."

"I'm going to enjoy myself tonight too. Nick is coming over to watch a movie."

"Eww gross," I cringed.

"Calm down I said watching a movie not making one."

I head to Andy's front door and start getting ready to head back home. "Remember that you're still recovering, so ignore the liquor cabnet," I call out. "I'll call you later, have fun. Love ya!"

**********************************************************
When I got home I decided to send my address to Blake. I sat on my couch and waited for him to come. Hopefully it's not too awkward. I mean he doesn't even associate with Vinny too much so he probably doesn't know what happened.

Ugh Olivia your supposed to be getting your mind off of what happened! I should just go on Tumblr until he comes.

After about 20 minutes of mindlessly exploring the frightening seas of Tumblr fandoms, I hear the doorbell. When I open the door I greet Blake with a smile. He dressed pretty casual in a white shirt and cargo pants. His hair looked as if he ran his hands through it a few times but it worked for him. "Hey come on in. Do want something to drink?"

I open the door more and let him pass through before closing it as I face him.

Blake sat down on the sofa and shook his head. He seemed stiff and examined his hands,"No I'm fine thank you. Thanks for agreeing to hang out with me tonight. I really needed this distraction."

I let out a deep breath and let my head fall back into the cushion. "Yeah, me too."

"You know I'm really sorry about you and Vin. We may be family now but he's still an idiot."

I nodded half heartedly. He wasn't the only idiot in the relationship. "So how are you," I asked genuinely interested.

"I would like to say I'm fine, but I'm in all honesty I'm anything but fine." He stops himself from going too into details."I-I just a lot has been going on."

I instantly feel entitled to be a shoulder for him, I'm one of those people where I want to be there to help people rather than accept it. " Do you want to talk about it?"

He shakes his head and gives a small laugh, "You don't want to hear about my problems."

"On the contrary, I've been talking too much about my own problems lately."