The Stranger.

Weeks went by. Everything was unpacked and I felt at home here in this lonely forest. I say lonely... but I still never shake that feeling of being watched. Sometimes... I feel hunted. As if... something is trying to catch me, and I just manage to escape from it's clutches. The feeling has... become more intense, as if it is getting closer and closer to me everyday. Yet that never stops me from going to that river I found and thinking of more story ideas. Or just going there for the hell of it. 

     The summer was hot now and I more prefer going to the river at night now. Grabbing a can of bug spray, I started my walk with my Idea Journal in hand. The forest was a glimmering green color as the sun was beginning to set. My walk didn't continue for long after I'd left my home. A silhouette stopped me in my tracks. The silhouette of a man. I was told no one else was here in this forest... who was he, I wondered.

      "Hello?" I called out. His body turned half in my direction, but before he was fully turned around he started running. "Hey! Wait!" I shouted after him, following him. My Journal falling to the ground. 

        Moments after I started following this man I quickly lost him. Looking around the forest I had no idea where he went. As the night grew darker it became harder for me to see. I began to head home but there was a slight dilemma that I was faced with. I had no idea which direction home was. Slightly beginning to internally freak out I went to turn around to look to see if I could get better lighting but as I turned I felt a cold hand grip my throat. The feeling that flesh could be so cold was shocking. As I gripped his wrist I felt no beating pulse.

        The more I watched this man in horror, the more his hand became tighter. As if he was upset with the look I gave him. Constricting my wind pipe until it felt like I didn't have one. I clawed at his hand as I tried to gasp for even the slightest bit of air. His irises began to glow a soft red as he spoke. 

         "Sleep." he said in a low, raspy tone. My body becoming limp as I just was able to see that I was dropped, and he had caught me.

Strangers POV

    "Sleep." came my order, her body becoming limp, falling into my arms. This girl had discovered me too soon. I wish I could've watched her more, that's what I get for being too close. She'd moved out here, which somewhat surprised me. She used to live in her parents home back in the state of Virginia. Moving to Canada was just... odd. In the middle of no where no less. Not that I was complaining. Melissa is a very beautiful woman, with hair of light brown and blonde highlights. Her eyes were a vibrant green and her skin was pale and soft. Her lips were that of a slightly darker red with a heart shape to them... she looked so... kissable. Wait a minute... what? No. I can't think that... I have a mate. Plus... a fiance that I don't care for.

    Long story short my mates parents were vampire and human. Making her a mix of both. The human gene always being stronger than the vampires, she has remained human all her life and I have found it hard to find her. I thought I was coming close but I was instead led to Melissa. I guess the gods just wanted me to have a pet. Again, not complaining. My senses are near immune to that of a humans feelings and emotions, I mostly feel their pain and anguish not love or compassion. Let alone would I be able to feel if a girl was mine... I may just be with the woman I loathe most for the rest of my life. Anyways, in the time that it could take for me to scour the entire world, she could die. I try looking for her anytime her presence gets strong... but it's like she fades from me as I get closer. The moment I saw Melissa my heart dropped and my mates presence disappeared completely the moment Melissa saw me... how I wish I could finally see her... meet her maybe... I hope she's beautiful. Maybe as beautiful as Melissa.

_ _ _ _ _

*COUGH COUGH* hehe I hope my little Pyros got the hint there. I'm in love with my own story, is that bad? I mean... hey! I may actually finish one for the first time ever! Ha... well anyways, I hope you've enjoyed so far! Please, your feedback is welcome!

~PyroDemonGirl