- Prologue

Today was the day.

All of yesterday and the day before, mum had occupied us by shopping for school equipment. I didn't quite understand why it was such a big deal to spend a full weekend stocking books for my education.

I have the smallest writing so it'll take me months to fill just one book. And besides, people these days record data onto laptops and computers so I think mum could have spent her money more efficiently somewhere else.

But I'm still thankful for everything she bought me.

My hands lowered after they finished tightening my high ponytail before I locked gazes with my reflection. Everything was right; everything needed to be right.

Mum said my first impression was the most crucial when starting a new school. So I had strived to succeed in creating the first perfect impression.

"Willow!" I heard my name and exhaled a deep breath before looking over my face.

Makeup was ok.

Hair tied back neatly.

Braces cleaned and almost ready to be disregarded.

I was ready.

Picking up my school bag, I let it sit over my shoulder before taking light steps downstairs to meet my mum at the front door.

"Ready?" She asked giving me a quick look over before fixing my collar. In return to her question, I gave a firm nod before we were lead outside and towards the car.

As soon as we had gotten in, mum check over everything to make sure it was right before we found ourselves on the way to school.

"Do you have everything?"

"Yes, I checked." My hands kept together subtly in my lap as I glanced down at my school bag between my feet.

"And you have your phone in case I need to contact you?" I pulled it out of my shirt pocket and gave a little wave to acknowledge it was there. "Good."

Putting the phone back away, I glanced out the window at the unfamiliar terrain before biting my bottom lip.

A question bugged me.

"Mum?" I started as she hummed for me to continue. "Why did we move to Holmes Chapel again?"

"Your aunty called me to come help her with her divorce; remember?"

"Oh, yes. That." The car fell into silence again before the road in front of us fast approached my new school.

"Here we are." A small smile tugged my mum's features as she slowly pulled me into the drop off zone. There weren't many people here yet, well not that I could see, so we must have arrived early.

As I opened my door, the car motor kept running causing me to look at mum slightly confused.

"Are you not coming in with me?" I asked as she sighed shaking her head.

"I'm afraid not sweetie; your aunt texted me this morning asking if I could go over for the day." A small 'oh' left my lips as I pulled my bag onto my shoulder before stepping onto the pathway.

"You'll be back to pick me up though right?"

"Yes sweetie; I will see you then." With a nod and a small wave, mum began her way to my aunts whereabouts.

A deep shaky breath left my lips as I turned and looked around to my new school.

Well... this is it.

Hey guys!!! So I created this new fic because one, it's been on my mind for ages; and two, every chapter I update, I want to give a word of advice.

A lot of you brilliant writers out there aren't being noticed and a lot of you are giving up on your writing because you feel that it's so bad that nobody is reading it. So in the next chapters of this book, I will give as much advice as I can to help you become successful :)

Mummy Nouis xx