- Eleven

[Chapter Eleven]

For the entire day I was either under Niall's arm, under Louis' gaze or underneath a workload. So it was tough.

Hey sweetie! Running a little late today :( stay back at school and try to study or keep your mind occupied while I help your Aunt out. Love you xx

Mum's text made my eyes roll before I put my phone away and made my way towards the school library.

The winds had begun to pick up today and the skies turn slightly grey which meant a storm was coming. So I picked up pace.

Everybody was out near the front gates getting transportation home as I scurried faster before eventually finding my way into the library.

The air-conditioning hit me first as I took my jumper from my bag before carrying both items to a study desk.

I wonder why mum is late. Surely she was able to quickly come and pick her daughter up; aunt Krissy must understand. Or maybe she's taking this divorce really hard.

Maybe I should go see her to give support. Ugh, but mum isn't the type to let her daughter get caught up in things.

Hence why I always need to focus on school and good grades. Friendship, relationship andp personal drama was a big no, no for us.

My bag was put on the desk as I pulled my jumper on before taking a seat and pulling out Friday's homework. I'm praying I won't get any homework over the weekend to worry about.

"Willow?" I heard a deep voice and turned my head to come face to face with the boy who's been a bit cold to me lately.

"Harry..." I mumbled as my eyes gazed over to his work books in his hands. He was here to obviously study, I hope. "S-study?" I looked back up as he grunted and walked over with a nod.

My eyes averted down as I subtly watched him take a seat across from me before opening his books. Awkwardly picking up my pen, I pulled the book closer to me and looked down to see my sheet of paper for business.

What assets might a business contain?

Flicking a quick glance at Harry, I then began to fill out the answer. Though my brain was a bit fuzzy so I couldn't comprehend to write full sentences.

I was distracted by the boy across from me; and I was nervous as hell.

Why? I didn't know. Maybe it was because he still remained a mystery to me. Or maybe, just maybe, it was because he dared to hold me hostile with what I can only assume lust at the pizza parlor.

"Your hand is shaking." I lightly jumped and shot my head up to see Harry staring at my hand.

"W-what?" He flickered his gaze up to mine before gesturing to my hand.

"I said, your hand is shaking." Looking down at my hand, what he said had deemed true as I watched my fingers unsuccessfully keep still.

Putting the pen down, I inhaled lightly before nodding to myself and putting my business away. Then pulling out my English book, I started to try and finish that.

Harry's gaze was locked on me though. I could feel it. I was so uncomfortable and I couldn't explain why. Why did Harry Styles make me feel uncomfortable?

After a few minutes, the silence had torn me enough as I put my book down and looked up to meet Harry's already intent stare.

"W-why are you staring?" I fessed up as he raised an eyebrow.

"I'm not staring." He said as my fists took the hold of the book under the table.

"Yes you were."

"No; I wasn't." His tone had grown dark and he seemed slightly agitated. Clearing my throat at the awkward situation, Harry clenched his jaw before looking back down.

I decided to try and distract myself the best I could.

Hey :)

I sent my message off and not even a full minute later he had replied.

Hey Willow :) :)

What are you doing? :)

Just packing up the rest of gym stuff ;)

Wait... so you're still at school?

Yeah, why?

So am I. I'm in the library.

The conversation went dead for a short moment as I stared at my phone intently.

Come on Niall. Don't leave me hanging.

"So are you coming tonight?" Harry brought me out of my thoughts once again. My confused gaze must have been clear. "To the movies. Remember?"

His words didn't seem as cold this time; they seemed intrigued.

"I ca-"

My phone buzzed interrupting me.

I'll meet you there. Wait for me :)

"I-I have to go." I stammered packing everything away as Harry's eyebrows furrowed.

"You didn't answer my question." He stated as I nodded slinging my bag over my shoulder.

"I'll see-"

"Willow." Harry leant over and took my wrist in his large hand causing me to freeze.

It was so warm. Despite this weather, his hands felt so warm and in this moment, it was addicting. I never wanted him to let go.

"Are you going tonight?" Our eyes held an intense stare as I bit my bottom lip to stop it shaking.

My nerves were running high and my heart was pumping. And somehow... it sent a spark of adrenaline through me.

Harry must have noticed as he tugged me a bit closer and spoke again. "Yes or no?"

I dare not go break our eye contact. Something deep was hidden behind it and it felt wrong to bail on it now.

"No." I breathed as everything once again went silent.

My phone buzzed but I didn't scramble to get it. In fact, I let Harry slowly let go of my wrist before sitting back in his seat.

"You're hard to figure out." Harry muttered gradually tearing his gaze back to his work. I blinked back before shaking my head and reaching into my pocket to grab my phone.

I can't see you :(

Niall. I realised I had Niall. So what the hell was I doing with Harry?

"I've gotta go." I said and turned on my heel, not giving him a spare glance.

Well... seems Willow is getting more action than me. Damn!
All the love, N. xx