-Fourteen

[Chapter Fourteen]

I sat holding my empty rubbish in my hands while watching the game in front of me. It was actually really good.

My eyes couldn't seen to pull away from the whole game and I especially found it hard to look away when Niall had the ball.

He moved light on his feet and all I can say is that his concentrated, serious face was attractive.

I can look can't I?

A whistle was suddenly blown and the referee called out 'half time'. I smiled leaning back in my seat and taking another sip from my can of soft drink.

Niall had run off to the side with his team and downed his water before spraying some of it over his face. His coach had pulled his team in for a huddle as he began talking to them and probably setting up a game plan.

My phone suddenly buzzed as I looked down to see a new message from the boy who hadn't physically spoken to me in days.

Can we meet up? I need to talk to you :(

Louis... why won't he get the message that I'm not interested in him that way?

Sure he's attractive and it's very flattering when he gives me attention; but it's to bad that's he's a... what Niall said.

Fuckboy.

I have to protect myself and stay away from those type of people.

I'm busy.

Was all I replied before looking up to see Niall running over. He smiled wide as I stood up and came up to the railing separating us.

"What do you think?" Was the first question to fall from his lips.

"Great! I like it!" I smiled widely to match him smile as he laughed and ran a hand through his hair.

"Hey, I was thinking-"

A whistle interrupted him before we saw the teams run back onto the field. Niall looked at me desperately before taking my hands in his sweaty ones.

"Do you want to hang out after this?" He rushed as I blinked back before hearing his team call him.

"O-ok!" I quickly replied as he beamed up at me.

"Really?"

"Niall!" He snapped out of it and gave my hands a squeeze before running back onto the field. I could only sit back down and smile at the blonde boy who seemed more eager to play.

* * *

Not to soon was it that the crowd was cheering and chanting Niall's team.

That had just won five to one! The game was amazing though; I wonder why I hadn't been to one before.

Our team began chanting a winning war cry as everyone began to pack up and disperse. I sat down and waited as the boys collected their things and made their way back into the changing rooms.

The sun was getting a bit hot on my skin as I had to eventually stand up and make my way undercover. It was a bit crowded by all the families that waited for the boys so I had to stand on the outskirts; hoping that Niall wouldn't take to long.

A few minutes past and I found myself browsing through Facebook, getting continuous messages from Louis. But I thought it would be best to stop messaging him for a little while. Today I was supposed to be spending my day while Niall; and that's what I'm going to do.

A hand then touched elbow making me jump back to see Niall smiling down at me.

"Hey." I put my phone away as Niall took my hand before pulling us towards his car.

"So, with today..." he began, trying to hold back his smile. "I was wondering where you wanted to go." I didn't actually have a clue.

"I don't know." I whispered letting Niall walk to me to his passenger side before unlocking and helping me in.

"We'll talk about it." He shut the door and quickly made his way around before getting in himself. "There's a lot of people trying to get out. So we'll wait a few minutes."

Seemed reasonable enough. I mean, there was a lot of people here today.

"So for today," Niall began again turning to me as I turned to him, "maybe we could go get something to eat. Or something..." he blushed as I shrugged nodding.

"Ok. Where though?" His hand crept over and took mine which I gladly held.

"I have a place in mind..." he trailed off smirking at me. His cocky smirk and warm hand created a shiver up my spine.

I liked it when boys were confident and sometimes took the lead.

My gaze came down and I watched as our fingers played before Niall eventually intertwined them. I could feel Niall stare at me before I finally looked up.

His face fell serious before he gripped the edge of my seat and leant over. My back subconsciously placed itself against the seat as Niall slowly let go of my hand.

One hand steadied itself beside me as the other slowly took my face in his hold. My bottom lip quivered as Niall leant closer so I could feel his breath hit my face.

This was it. He was going to kiss me. Was I ready? I wasn't sure, but I did know that I wanted this probably like he did.

My eyes closed and I waited for the moment before hearing a shaky breath.

"No." Niall whispered as I opened my eyes. He leant back into his chair as I blinked back confused and slightly hurt. "I don't want our first kiss in a car after a football game."

His hand took mine again as felt my chest tighten a bit.

"I want it to be special."

HOPE YOU LIKED! :)
All the love, N. xx