- Eight

[Chapter Eight]

It took me awhile but I had finally convinced mum that I was staying back at school to trial out for chess club. There wasn't really a reason why I'd want to join chess club, but I needed an excuse to last me until six o'clock.

God, now that I think about it... I shouldn't have lied to mum. What have I done?

"Willow," Niall's voice brought me out of my thoughts as he tilted his head confused, "are you ok?" I could only nod and blush looking down at my lap.

"Y-yeah." He kept staring at me until his arm finally stretched out around the booth behind me.

Sasha sat across from us, chatting away with Zayn as a girl that I came to know as Sophie listened in on each word.

These girls really look up to Sasha; I wonder why though. Maybe she's a good leader to them.

A buzz went off on my phone and I looked down before pulling it out.

I miss you xx

Gasping a little bit, I read over the new message Louis had just sent me.

"Who's that?" Niall wondered as I shook my head putting my phone away.

"N-no one." Niall raised an eyebrow telling me that he wasn't going to believe that lie.

"No one huh?" Biting my bottom lip nervously, I decided to give in and tell him.

"One of my classmates. He's been texting me since this morning."

"Who?" Niall asked interested as his arm lightly came onto my shoulders.

"U-uh," I stumbled, "L-Louis." His eyes widened before narrowing.

"Louis?" He asked with a firm voice. "As in Louis Tomlinson?" He didn't sound to happy to hear that it was him.

I cowered away slightly and nodded staring at the table. "Y-yes." Niall's fist balled on the table beside me as I quickly turned my phone off and put it away.

"You stay away from him." Niall finally spoke as I cautiously looked up to his serious stare. "I'm being serious Willow. He's a fuckboy. If you go anywhere near him then he'll hurt you." His arm tightened around me as I nodded looking down.

"O-ok." I whimpered before hearing Niall sigh. Then unexpectedly, he pulled me into his chest as I went wide eyed.

"I just want to protect you. He's bad news; I know it. I know him. So just..." his hand placed itself in my hair as I inhaled sharply. "Please stay away from him."

In that moment, the exact moment I was caught in... I could do nothing but nod. But something caught my attention. It was a voice behind the counter ordering pizza.

"Two large cheese. Cheers." Averting my gaze, I went wide eyed to see that in fact Harry had decided to come in and order pizza. Hopefully Louis didn't tell him that I declined his offer; Jesus! Why do I feel like a terrible person?!

Niall lightly hummed beside my ear and pulled me closer as his lips were close to resting on my temples.

My fingers gripped at the booth seating panicked before I saw Harry come over and sit in the booth next to us. Oh no; did he see me? Please don't tell me he saw me.

"Oh, looks like our order is up." Sasha smiled over at Zayn before nudging them out and towards the counter. That's my cue to leave for air; even if it's just s few minutes.

"I-I have to use the bathroom." I stuttered pushing away from Niall.

"W-what?" He blinked back before reaching out for my hand. "Willow-"

"I'll be quick. Promise." I whispered as Niall pouted before nodding.

Glancing over, Harry's face was buried into my phone giving me an easy escape before I ran towards the toilet hall.

Once I was in the safety of the ladies, I caught my breath before straightening my uniform out.

My phone then buzzed again as I growled and took it out.

I thought I turnt it off!

Thinking of you baby ;) xxx

I pinched the bridge of my nose before taking a quick look at myself in the mirror.

No paling or sweating. That's good. Luckily it doesn't look like I'm up to anything suspicious.

Turning on my heel, I opened the ladies door only to go wide eyed to see a figure waiting for me out in the hall.

"Willow," he began, "how nice to see you."

"H-Harry..." I choked out, my hand still latched onto the door. His stare seemed cold as he kept his arms crossed over his chest. Closing me off from any part of him.

We stood in silence, me now beginning to feel sweat build at the back of my neck.

"I-"

"Here with, the group, are we?" He pushed off from the wall before stepping over to me.

"G-group?" I squeaked. Harry made me nervous; he made me feel like anything I did would be overanalyzed by him. And that's the last thing I wanted.

"Those cheerleaders of yours," he scoffed raising a hand and putting it on the wall above me. Our bodies were mere inches apart and I'm sure he could hear my irregular breathing from here, "you could do so much better."

His eyes bore into mine, waiting for any type of reaction. All I could do was watch wide eyed as he narrowed his stare.

"H-how?" Was the only thing I could manage to say. Looking between my eyes, Harry slammed his other hand on the wall beside me before he took another step closer.

Our bodies brushed and I swear I could feel my heart pounding off of the door.

Harry's face leant closer as his eyes remained opened. I shrunk back away from him as he continued to put me on edge.

As we neared, centimeters away, I remembered the sole purpose of why I was here. That was for my team; for Niall.

"E-excuse me." I ducked underneath Harry and quickly made my way up the hall and back to my booth.

Is it hot in here or is it just the pizza place?

Ad-Vi-Ce!

It's ok to take breaks from writing. Sometimes you might have something going on in your life and having to maintain Wattpad might become too much.

But make sure you tell everybody reading your books first so they know you haven't abandoned them.

And don't forget, that after however long you decided to take off; that when you come back, to write to your hearts content :)

Holy crap! What's this #Hillow I smell?! Or is it just pizza? ;)
All the love, N. xx