The Meeting

Packing wasn't hard as all my stuff was already in my suitcase still. I still didn't know how to keep the boys safe without putting my life in danger. I still would risk my life, I do it everyday, but it still scares me. There's always those people in the world that would risk their lives for anything and everything, and I just risk my life to save others.

A soft knock at my door jolted me from my thoughts.

“Yes?” I said as I zipped closed the suitcase.

“May I enter?” Liam's voice said from the other side of the door.

“Yeah.” I said as I walked over to my computer and starting to pull up my agent screen. It gives me information on every single criminal in the world, and it also helps me order new gadgets and connect with other agents.

Liam entered the room slowly and I closed out of my agent screen and pulled up Twitter.

“Hello.” Liam said as he sat on the end of my bed.

“Shouldn't you be packing?” I asked as I turned around to face him in my chair.

“I already did, I thought would get to know you better.” Liam said as he shrugged his shoulders. I squinted my eyes at him. I know he's lying, it's easy to tell.

“Well what do you want to know?” I asked as I crossed the room and silently locked the door, making sure he didn't notice. I grabbed my earpiece, that is in a little box that looks like something a ring would come in, and stuck it in my ear. It helps to maintain police radios and it also let's me hear clearer, like through walls and doors.

“Just why you were in the orphanage with a bunch of boys?” Liam said as he scrunched his eyebrows together and rubbed his palms against his thighs.

“I didn't have anywhere else to go. I was sent there temporarily until they found me an all girls home.” I lied smoothly.

“Why were you in the orphanage though?” Liam said as he pressed on.

“My parents died in a car crash when I was 10.” I said, which is actually true because my parents did die in a car crash.

“I'm sorry.” Liam said genuinely.

“It's okay, no need to live in the past, right.” I smiled at him as he gave me a small smile in response.

“So what do you like to do in your free time?” Liam asked as he traced patterns into the carpet with his foot.

“I like to dance, but I barely got any time too after my parents died. I barely got enough time when they were alive. I like karate, tai Kwan doe, and martial arts. I like to read over watching TV. I like to shoot firearms, my dad use to take me out and we would practice on dummies in our basement. I like to be on the computer, I am very good with computer software as well. I like to run also, I run every morning at 4 then again at 6. That's it basically.” I said as I twirled around in my chair.

“I like running also, I use to do track and field before I became a singer. I also wanted to be in the Olympics if I didn't make it as a singer, but I did.” Liam chuckled to himself as he looked to the ground.

“Payton, Liam!” Louis yelled down the hall. I flinched as the loud noise was amplifed into my ear. I swiftly crossed the room to the door and opened it, making sure Liam didn't notice me unlocking the door.

“Better get going.” I said as I grabbed my suitcase and wheeled it out the door. Liam followed close behind. I felt my hip for my badge but all I felt was bone. I scrunched my eyebrows together in confusion as I stopped in the middle of the hallway feeling my pockets and around my waist.