Ready Set Fire

WARNING: This chapter may confuse you with the way i have it written, but just a hint to some of you who may get confused, i fast forwarded it to the point where she saw they leave and then played it to the present where it rewinds back to tell you what happened don't worry everything falls together in the end. 

DISCLAIMER: Sad parts coming up and another cliffhanger (don't kill me)

Also i would like to apologize for not upating faster... i have been super busy with my club volleyball and schoolwork that it has become not a big priority for me, but i will try to update faster this time. 

Thanks and enjoy :)

SONG FOR THIS CHAPTER: Human: Christina Perri

I fell against the rainy cold streets of London. My eyes searching the streets for the van that just left moments ago. I slammed my fists against the pavement as water splashed up against me. My clothes were soaked to the bone making them stick to my skin. Tears ran down my face as lightening struck over head.

“Payton!” A voice yelled from a distance, but I didn't acknowledge it as my vision blurred in and out while my mind replayed the horrible images that will be haunting me till my death. “Payton!” The voice yelled again, but it's like my whole body went numb. My hearing faded and the only thing my mind focused on was the streaks left by the tires. Lightening struck overhead as thunder roared boisterously against the evening sky. Rain pelted my skin like bullets, but nothing could compare to the bullet that was now lodged through my heart.

“Nighty night, Payton!” A pressure was pushed against my back as my numb body lay still.

Bang!

Darkness

__________________

The continuous sound of a beeping noise rung through my ears like a bee running around its honeycomb. My body felt weary as I flexed my fingers beneath the cloth material I felt against my skin. I fluttered my eyes open only to shut them once again due to the blinding lights. I slowly opened my eyes as to adjust to the new lighting. My eyes scanned the surroundings as I took in the heart monitor towards my left and the hospital bed I was occupying. Confusion wept through me like a lost dog on a stranded highway. I carefully sat up, but soon fell back down due to my despicable aching body. I groaned heavily as I closed my eyes once again. The monotonous ring of the heart monitor lulled me back to sleep as my mind began racing with previous events.

Game on” I smirked as I swung my foot high enough to kick the gun out of his rough hands. The gun scattered to the floor as a single shot was fired due to the impact, but hitting no one. Clark's eyes narrowed at me as he took a hesitant step forward. I placed my hands up in critical defense mode as I quickly looked at my current surroundings. I could feel the tip of the gun dig into my lower back as I took a step away from the beady eyed man in front of me.

You're such a silly little girl, aren't you?” Clark chuckled as his eyes widened in amusement. It was my turn to narrow my eyes at him as I kept backing away from his approaching presence. I placed my left hand on the gun ready to pull in out when a huge weight knocked me to the floor. My head fell against the floor with such impact my vision ran blurry for a moments time. I could feel hands wrapping around me as I was lifted off the ground. My vision ran in and out of focus as Clark's face blurred in front of me. “See what happens when you are a silly little girl!” Clark shouted above the ringing in my ears as a gun shot fired throughout the lobby. I quickly turned my head to the sound just as I witnessed Niall collapse on the floor. His face ran pale and his limbs fell limp. Rage ran threw me like a robber in a high speed chase as I grabbed a hold of Clark's legs and yanked them from underneath him. His body slammed on the ground as I quickly scurried to my feet.