Chapter 14

Zanessa's POV

School days had just slipped away normally and I was absolutely excited for the one of the most significant event in my teenage years which is apparently the prom. Add the fact that Harry's taking me to the prom.

My phone vibrated inside my pocket so I took it out and to see if it was a text or call from anybody in my contacts. A text message, from my mom.

'Gonna pick you there in any minute. We're going to shop for your dress for your prom. Be ready, baby!'

And by that, I mentally make a calendar and count the reamaning days left. "Two more days 'til prom."

**********

"Mom, I'm tired trying the dresses here!" I whined at my Mom.

Imagine going in and out of the dressing rooms of three stores, trying all of the nicest dresses. And I don't actually wear dresses, I don't feel comfortable wearing them.

"I know, I know. We'll go in one last store and we're done." She replied and I nodded in response. But what if there's no dresses that would perfectly fit in me in the next store? That would definitely be so frustrating!

As we got in to the next store, I frustatingly walked towards the racks of dresses, carefully checked every dresses that were hanging there and I thanked God I found three random cocktail dresses that I liked. I hope one of them would work out well in me.

I peacefully went inside the dressing room and one by one tried the dresses on. I examined every dress very well and in the end, I picked the second dress. It has a close-like V neck —showing no cleavedge at all because I wasn't that confident and comfortable enough to show them. I'd rather show off my back than my boobs that's why I picked this dress as well since it has a heart-shaped hole at the back, it wasn't that big but just enough to show my upper back part. It also has some details on the waist that I find so cute and the dress falls down in my mid-thighs, and its color was like of a pink rose. I'm forever and always in love with things which are in pink or just having the shade of it ... pink lips as well. Ha.

I jumped out of the dressing room and let mom to check me out wearing that dress and I thought I had impressed her in it —I hope I could impress Harry as well! So since I was contented with it, we decided to bought it then. Next? High heels, jewelries and accessories and makeups? Oh, I don't really have to worry about those since I already have it at home. 

******************************************************************************************

The next day ...

As we all know I love arts to the moon and back so when I knew about the Arts Club here in our school, I definitely joined and was actually became the president of this club. Okay, so our club was assigned to be decorating the school's gym for the upcoming prom, so us, Art Club members meet every after our classes since last week to beautify the venue and have it prepared.

I made my way to the gym right after my last afternoon class that time with a few of my Art buddies. But I was very thankful for the reason that not only the Art Club members were doing this job but also some who were actually voluntarily helping us that made our job faster and easier.

"Okay, guys. Let's finish this so we can go home early." I got everybody's attention inside the gym and informed them.

"And have some beauty rest!" One girl added.

"Prom tomorrow!" Another girl said with excitement.

We laughed at their excitement.

"Let's do this!" My best friend said with excitement as well.

**********

"Hey, Iris! Can you please hand me that big star over there?" I looked down at Iris who was sitting in her indian position on the floor while cutting something. So obviously I was making a decoration made by cut stars in all sizes and hang them on the stage. Iris handed it to me then. "Thank you."

I wandered around the place, few more decorations and we'll be done. We were in a hurry since it was getting dark already. So I resumed to what I was doing earlier. I should really finish this. I said to myself.

"Hey." Someone said in his cool voice.

I turned to look at him, "Hey, Harry."

"Need help?" He asked, casually rubbing the back part of his neck.

"Sure, that would be great." I smiled at him.

He then started helping me 'til I was done with them.

**********

"Thank you for helping me." I told Harry who was almost done decorating the main door with some fairy lights.

"This is no-nothing. You don't have to thank me." He replied, pulling out a smile with his dimples all out.

"Sshhh! Nothing? Seriously? After doing all of these, for you it's nothing?" I protested. Like, seriously. He helped in everything I did for almost two and a half hour. Humble of him though.

"Shut up!" He groaned, rolling his eyes at me without disappearing that smile of him since earlier.

Without knowing anything that will happen next, he just crashed his lips on mine. I wasn't totally expecting for it! His soft, pink lips were on mine once again. I felt the same feeling —nervousness, the butterflies and fireworks bursting in the inside— when we had our first kiss. I couldn't help but smile in between the kiss, so I pulled back. I then looked up at Harry, he was smiling as well. Does he like me already? I wish so. No, I want so.

What was going on between us, the kissing and all ... I didn't know. We just hangout a lot lately after he asked me to go to the prom with him. We also go along with each other so well and got to know each other even better. What I have discovered about him that shocked me the most is that he could sing ... very, very well. His voice is extraordinary that might as well be the reason of his success one day. I was not rushing to what will happen to us in the future. We're just enjoying each other's company right now. It's better not to precede what will happen next and just go with the flow.

"So ..." He smirked, biting his lower lip. Shit, I hate that!

"So?" I raised my brow at him.

"I guess, I'll see you tomorrow night then?" He yet again rubbed the back part of his neck.

"You better be." I winked.

"I know, I know." He chuckled. He just then grabbed my hand and tugged it on his arm, "Let's go home now."

"Let's go."