Chapter 28

Zanessa's POV

Five months later ...

"Are you fucking kidding me!?" Abegail asked astonishingly with a wide, sparkling in tears eyes at the edge of Maureen's bed while looking at me. Meanwhile, Maureen was beside the girl who was likely to yell at me. She was covering her face with her hands, silently crying. Remember them? My bestfriends from Canada.

It has been more than a month since I got here in my hometown. But I was there just for a vacation though I could stay here for like forever because I'm not schooling anymore — yet; that's because of my annorexia but I really don't have to worry about it that much because it was treated immediately and I'm better than okay.

"Yeah." I replied silently as I faked a smile with teardrops rolling down my face.

If you're wondering what's going on. Here, listen.

I was in the room of my bestfried, Maureen, along with my other bestfriend, Abegail. It's the middle of a Wednesday night of May where I finally told them about my life in United Kingdom. They cared less about what ever I'll say until I told them about Harry and I.

My story-telling about us was like a real fairy tale having a hell of roller coaster of emotions. It was cute and sweet at the beginning which made my bestfriends blush and giggle like lunatics but they did not believe me at first. I, myself couldn't even believe too; that Harry, the one whom I accidentally bumped  with one morning in school and immediately I told them about it on Skype was once mine and I was once his'. As my story continued, their mood changes as if the plot of the story was wrong; that our fairy tale love story should have a happy ending. But it unfortunately fucking did not.

Now, they knew.

"Shit." Maureen murmured, still crying. She sounded disgusted, disappointed, and very much pity of me. But she pulled me into a bone-crushing hug and I burried my face onto her neck, crying even harder.

"I know." I tried to smile to cheer myself up in the middle of her embrace. With that, Maureen constantly rubbed my back to comfort me. "It hurts," I wasn't intending to say it but I did. "—so much."

******************************************************************************************

Harry's POV

The Up All Night Tour is two months away from its end and I could wait no longer at all. The tour was awesome. We got to go to new different places around the world, meet people, meet other celebrities, meet our amazing fans, perform on stage for the fans to make them happy and to let them know how much we love and thank them. It's May, time flies too fast, and we're now preparing for our tour in North America. We'll go perform to Mexico and Canada. And of course, the United States where the tour will end on June 30th.

Tonight, I was all alone in my own flat my mum bought me before I started touring. This was located in London, the capital city of my country. The first time I've been here was a week after my mum bought me this for me and I'm more likely to stay here everytime I'm in the city for interviews, TV exposures, promotions, photoshoots, signing, shows, and other works. And despite of the urban zone, beautiful city lights at night and everything in here, I'm missing my home all the time and my family that are left there, especially my mother and Gemma.

"Mate?" I said one the phone after Zayn answered my call.

"Hey, Harry. What's up, man?" 

"Could you come here tonight?" Since he's living closest to me, we have some time to visit each other. And Niall too. His flat is near to Zayn's, so we're getting along pretty much anytime. But as for Liam and Louis, they're most of the time unavailable for this kind of unexpected invitations from the three of us.

"Movie marathon and pop corn plus pizza and I'll take it as a deal." He chuckled on the line. "And I'll tag along the blondie." He added, referring to Niall. He calls him 'blondie' to annoy Niall. And 'Vain' is Niall's word for Zayn.

"And root beers." I added.

"Great. But you bu—"

"No, you buy. I can't leave my flat alone." I sounded demanding but it's so normal to us.

"Fuck you, man. You're demanding." He groanded on the line but laughed eventually.

"I know." I grinned. Sometimes I win over them because they treated me exactly as the youngest among the group.

**********

"Thor or The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo?" Niall scanned the newest DVDs I bought from a store last week.

"Hmm ..."

"But I'd appreciate if you'll play X-Men: First Class." I replied, opening a bottle of root beer.

"If that's because Jennifer Lawrence is there," Zayn told me and I nodded. "... it'll be a no, Harry." He glared at me, devilishly smirking though. "Let's have The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, Ni."

And Niall did what Zayn told him. Ugh, I hate you right now, blondie.

"Don't worry. Your Jennifer Lawrence will be played after." Niall threw a pop corn at me but it passed from me. Ha!

**********

This time, we're in the middle part of my requested movie and the three of us are getting sleepy. Zayn falls asleep on the couch moments after moments while Niall and I has one eye opened. We leave the movie playing on while the sleepiness is slowly taking over us three.

~

All of a sudden, I jolted out of sleep. I was heavily catching my breath as I opened my eyes. The night was getting deeper, leaving the room with the dim lights coming from the television in front of me. X-Men: First Class' credits was rolling off, the movie was over. Seems like I've been asleep just for a while. I kept myself silent the whole time, massaging my forehead. I was from a bad dream. From a dream where my memory is flashing back and forth. I knew I used to have a sharp photographic memory —I think I still have it though, just not as sharp as I have before— but because of the accident, I have lost it but I'm trying to get it back. I'm collecting all the flashbacks my mind will process and try to puzzle them to find answers and to get my memory back.

It still gets complicated and messy. These are the things I can and things I can't; trying to emember things. I'm lucky if I could and I better have luck next time if I fail to reminisce whatever I'd wanted to, no matter how I try.

And if you're wondering what  it is all about ...

It was said that I was at a hospital room, just woken up. I saw myself lying on the hospital bed with apparatuses and mechanical wires and needle stuck into my skin. A doctor and his nurse was staring at me. I saw another three pairs of eyes staring at me. I had a hard time familiarizing them but I did eventually. My family. Then, another girl walked into the room towards me. I couldn't remember her. I don't know her but she knows me. I asked who she was and everyone in the room looked so stunned.

And that's the end of the flashback. Once again, I felt so frustraded. It's a good thing having some of my memories back but it wasn't that healthy for me because it's making my situation so complicated. But I have no choice but to keep them in tack.

I took a deep breath and closed my eyes once again.