Chapter 17

Zanessa's POV

Six weeks after ...

"I'm going to my football practice. Wanna come?" Harry asked me, playing tricks with a ball on his feet on the sidewalk while I was leaning on the front porch's door of our house.

"Sure." I replied, sprinting towards him.

Harry just then passed the ball to me, "Show me what you've got, babe."

**********

"Gemma's throwing a party tonight ... she'd love if you'll come." Harry said, gasping for some air.

"Well then if I'm invited." I smiled, not taking away my attention to the ball I was still kicking.

"Of course." Harry replied, kicking the ball away from me.

**********

"Hey, Hazz." I greeted Harry on the phone at 6:30 in the evening.

But a monotone voice replied on the line. "Hello, I'm busy right now. Leave a message instead though."

Ugh, okay!

"Hey, Hazz, it's Zanessa. I would love to come but couldn't be there. Mom and I are going out of town tonight. I'm sorry, babe. Have fun there though! Tell Gemma I said HI. Bye! Mwuah!"

**********

"Zanessa, let's go now!" Mom's voice echoed.

I got a letter from Harvard yesterday saying I needed to go to their office in London to for an important appointment so Mom decided we're going out of town tonight for it. I hated to say but I was gonna miss Gemma and Harry's party.

"Coming!"

Harry's POV

"Hey, mate! I'm glad to see you again!" I said to Gemma and I's friend.

"Yeah. It's been a while since I didn't see Gemma's lil brother!" He laughed.

Tonight's party is going to be fun!

"Shut up!" I chuckled.

"You've grown up too fast, aye." He said, still laughing.

Our lawn started to fill up with people every second, seeing some old familiar faces everywhere. It seemed like a reunion of Gemma and I's friends and it was great. Plus, Dad's here, visiting his kids and to have fun as well. I missed my dad a lot! And I thought tonight's a great time that he could finally meet my girlfriend. Speaking of ... where is she?!

"Oh, I gotta go first." I smirked. "Have fun, have fun!"

I ran inside the house to my room. I seared for my phone there and less than a minute, I found it under my pillow. As soon as I got it, I unlocked it and saw Zanessa's name appeared on the screen. She leaved a call.

What? She couldn't come over here?! Oh, c'mon.

I sighed.

I tossed it back onto the bed and ran back at the party downstairs.

**********

Almost an hour had pass and the party isn't over yet but few people were starting to leave and I started to get bored. There were some who were already drunk, wasted and lunatic lads and lasses and I had fun by just looking at them going wild, sitting alone on a bench under a tree.

I got to drink four bottles of beer too —though I wanted more but Gemma wont allow me since I was just sixteen— and my head started to pound heavily and I got dizzy a bit. I knew I'll regret this tomorrow morning.

I saw a girl coming towards me ... A drunk girl. And it was Dana? She's drunk?! She doesn't like to taste an alcohol before but now she's drunk?!

I stood out from my seat as I saw she was about to fall on the ground. "Hey, hey, hey!" I caught her right before she hit the ground.

"Harry ..." She managed to stand up straight but she couldn't, she's too drunk so she hold on onto my chest, inhaling all of her alcohol scent. "... Harry."

"Geez, you're drunk as hell, Dana!" I said, teeth gritted, as I picked her up once again.

Then she just crashed her lips against mine.

What the actual ...

I was shocked since I didn't saw it coming.

I squeezed my trembling hands on the either side of her upper arms and harshly pulled away from her.

She was stunned, literally not moving for a matter of seconds.

"Are you phsyco?!" I yelled at her but I really didn't mean it. I didn't mean to yell at her, to disrespect her but I was just shocked of what she did. "God!"

"I, I'm sorry, Harry." She said and in just a blink of an eye, she passed out.

I once again caught her before she hit the hard ground. I brought my hands together, lifting her up into a bridal style and carried her inside the house.

And the bushes behind us started to move, like something was hiding behind it. I got to go inside before this place get too creepy! I thought to myself.

**********

"Gemma!" I called out my sister inside the house but mom rushed towards me.

"Oh, God. What happened?" Anne asked, totally freaking out. "Put her onto the couch, put her gently. Oh, my gosh!"

Mom, seriously? You're freaking me out too.

"She's passed out. She's drunk." I said calmly.

"I thought something happened to her." She sighed in relief, looking at the sleeping drunk Dana.

"Take care of her, Mom." I told her and just ran to my room.

**********

Godamn it! What has gotten into Dana's mind why did she drink?! And since when she learned how to drink and get drunk?!

I sighed, looking at myself in the mirror.

She kissed me. Though I knew, well, I supposed that kiss was unintentional since she was drunk but I was still mad at her. Not that I didn't want her to kiss me, I would kiss her back if I wanted to but I wont since I have a girlfriend and I love her.

I touched my lips and wiped it by the back of my hands.

What if someone saw it? And tell Zanessa about it? UGH!

My fists started to clench.

No! She shouldn't know about this ... she doesn't need to know about this.