Dont Leave me. 1

"Katie some one is here to talk to you" my mom said. Is she crying? Her eyes are really puffy and red.

"holly crap what time is it?"I rolled over on my side and look at my bright neon green clock.

I stared at it until my eyes adjusted. 5:57, ok seriously who ever this person is , they have to have a good reson to wake me up this early.

I slowly got off my bed litterly like a turtle, but whatever. I look at myself in the mirror and brushed my hair than headed downstairs.

".....I dont know how she'll take this."said my older brother, Jake.

I walked into my front room and saw a tall man wearing a long sleeve tan shirt and black pants. A cop. why would a cop be at my house I wonder if jake got caught at another party?

"hello, are you Katelyn"

"No shes Katie"jake said suddenly very defense.

"No Katelyn is fine"I said trying to stay awake.

"well, hi my name is officer Jones and I am here to talk to you about your father Virgel"

Why would he need to talk to me about my dad for.

My dad lived in Utah and jake my mother and I lived in Colorado. my parents are going though a divorce right now, and every weekend my brother make an 8 hour drive to utah to go see him.

Jake is 16 years old and doesn't get along with either of my parents. my I am 14 and I only get along with my dad.

Me and my mom don't get along. I am a total daddy's girl. And a total Jake girl. I love him were so close and we hardly ever fight just pick on eachother.

"What about?"

"Last night your dad was found dead in his trailer"

Did he just say that my dad is dead?..No he cant be I talked to him just hours ago. I was telling him about my day and he was telling me about his day...This must be mistake.

"this is not funny!"I said not wanting to believe it.

"Katelyn this is not a joke"

"you mean he is really dead?"I couldn't meet anyone's eyes but Jake's he was not crying nut neither was I.

He slid next to me and held me tight. that only made it worse I cried in the arms of the only person that I felt actually cared. My brother...what now?