18. Sack mask

Lydia's POV:
Hey there Delilah what's it like in New York City?

"I'm a thousand miles away but girl tonight you look so pretty yes you do." I sing along to my favorite song as it fills the empty space in Stiles' jeep. He was taking me to see another scary movie, which I disagreed upon, but I don't care. I'd be with that famous grin.

A thousand miles seems pretty far but they've got planes and trains and cars!

My ring tone, my favorite part of the same song playing mixes in and I fumble with my phone.
"Shit, shit, shit!" I mumble and Stiles chuckles.
"This really is your favorite song, isn't it?" He asks and I nod, turning my phone on silent. Allison would just have to call me back.
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Stiles POV:
"That was the worst movie ever. It wasn't even scary!" Lydia and I walk back to the jeep, her face full of horror. We needed to get away from constantly hanging out with Allison and Scott and a movie date seemed appropriate, though Lydia wasn't particularly find of the horror genre.

"Wasn't even scary? Did you forget the part where the guy comes out in a sack mask? SACK MASK, Stiles." She says and I laugh. I glance down at her hand before grabbing it with my own, intertwining our fingers and looking back up at her expression.

"Is this okay?" I ask and she nods, her lips pressed together in a small smile. When we get to the jeep, we don't get in, just lean against the hood as Lydia continues her speach.
"movies like that are the reason why I don't attend yours and Scott's little midnight trips to school on coaches birthday." She explains and I scoff slightly.
"You know I'd protect you." I say.

"Yes you would."
There's a minute of silence where we both just look up at the sky. We finally decide to get in the jeep and I open the passenger door for her before getting behind the wheel. Once again we sit in silence, until I can't contain my thoughts.
"Have you ever kissed anyone?"
I twist a little in my seat. She seems surprised by the question, her lips slightly parted.

"No."She speaks, barely audible.
"...Would you mind if I... Kissed you?"
There's a pause... I should've just kissed her. Why the hell did I ask? Who asks to kiss someone?!

"Really?" Her voice is soft and I grin. She shifts her position in the passenger seat so she's facing me and I do the same in my seat. She smiles and we both lean towards each other. My lips connect lightly on hers. It was different kissing Lydia. Normally, when I kissed girls, it was hungry and rough but with Lydia, it was soft and passionate. With Lydia, the kiss had meaning.
We pull away from each other.

"Can... Can I kiss you again?" I ask and Lydia doesn't hesitate on setting her lips back on mine, answering the question. Repeatedly, she places her lips against mine until we separate again, breathless.
"I'd love to continue this, but your joystick is stabbing me in the stomach." She grins.
"My joystick?" I glance down at my pants then back at her.
She hits me on the arm. "The Jeep!"

I chuckle as a blush forms on her face and start the engine.

A thousand miles seems pretty far but they've got planes and trains and cars!

Her phone rings, causing her to groan, almost aggressively looking at the screen before answering.
"What?" She snips and I purse my lips to keep from laughing.
"I've called you five times!" I can hear Allison exclaim on the other side of the phone and I tell Lydia to put it on speaker.

She does so, rolling her eyes before responding.
"I was at the movies with Stiles." She states.
"You mean your boyfriend?" Allison makes a flirty voice and Lydia fake gags.
"Yes my boyfriend. What do you want?"
"Scott and I are going to a party, join?" She asks.

Lydia looks to me and I shrug, leaving it up to her. She seems to consider it for a moment as I turn down her street. But then she finally speaks. "I think we're just going to watch Carl Grimes shoot a bunch of walkers in the head." Lydia smiles and I chuckle. She knew me too well.

"See you guys tomorrow, then. Byyyye!" Allison sing-songs and Lydia hangs up as we pull into her driveway. We both get out and I watch her walk to the door, leaning against the side of my jeep. She smiles back at me as she opens the door and I wave a little before turning around, bending over the jeep to think about the night.

I smiled to myself when I felt aight tap on my shoulder and I turned around, face to face with Lydia. Before I can say anything, her lips are on mine again as my hands instinctively move to her waist.
She pulls away, lips grazing mine when she talks.
"I thought we were going to watch our show?" She smiles and I grin back.
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Authors note:
OMG THE SCORCH TRIALS LIKE I JUST CANT EVEN TALK ABOUT IT
Short chapter but they're in a relationship so it's gonna be cute stuff for a while. But (to quote season five Scott and Stiles) "either things are going to get really good again- or really bad."
Comment, read, enjoy!
-Chloe