26. Hey Lydia Martin (FINAL CHAPTER)

Lydias pov:
I sat down at our usual lunch table with a sigh, popping the lid off of my salad container and stabbing my plastic fork into a piece of lettuce. Scott and Allison watched me silently, exchanging glancing every now and then. But I wasn't hungry, so I just throw the whole salad away, resting my chin on the table. Allison gives me a small smile, looking to Scott and he pulls a pint of strawberry ice cream out of his backpack, along with three spoons.

"I might have to steal your boyfriend from you." I mumble, grabbing one of the spoons from his hand and shoving strawberry heaven into my mouth.
We all take our turns in getting spoonfuls of ice cream, not saying a word to each other as my friends give me sympathetic looks.

"What did you do over break?" Scott finally asks. I shrug.
"Binge watched The Walking Dead." I mumble and their expressions sadden, knowing that was Stiles' favorite show and I only watched it because of him. They quickly dropped the issue, and that's why they were my best friends. They knew what was wrong but knew I didn't want to talk about it.

"Do you guys hear a guitar?" I ask, the sound of softly, plucked strings, filling my ears. Their faces go white and Scott shrugs while Allison shakes her head, shoving more ice cream in her mouth. I knew that tune and my head started frantically searching the cafeteria for a guitar. Eventually, the large room was almost completely silent and I stood, still searching for the source of the tune. The song. I knew that song. What was it?

And finally everything clicked together. There he was. Caramel eyes, chestnut brown hair and fingers strumming the song on his guitar. But not any song, my song. Hey There Delilah. He starts to approach me and I look back at my friends, innocent smirks across their faces and I know they were in on it. Tears try to fight there way to the surface but I hold on my breath.

I couldn't do this. So I start to leave, rushing towards the cafeteria door.
Then he starts to sing.
And I stop.
"Hey Lydia Martin we both live in Beacon Hills and every time your green eyes land on me I get a sudden chill. Cause you're much more, than some old ho-bag, slut or whore. You're not a bore."
A parody. He'd written me a parody to the tune of my favorite song. A single tear falls from my eye but I quickly wipe it away with the sleeve of my sweatshirt.

"Hey Lydia Martin, I know what I did was wrong but every time that Alli talks of you I think back to this song. And your favorite part. I always knew we had a spark, this was our start."
I don't turn around. Just stay facing in exit in case of a quick escape. Why was he doing this to me?
"Oh I know that I can't sing.
But oh, will you go with me? To winter formal please?"

Finally he ends the song and I do the only thing I knew how to do. I left. His footsteps sound after me and I hear his sweet voice calling my nick name.
"Martin! Please wait!" He says, a pinch of sadness hinted in his voice. I can't help myself, so I stop walking and turn around, finally facing him. His eyes are slightly watery which only makes mine tear up more.
He doesn't speak at first. His eyes examine me as if he'll never see me again and he swallows dryly, his voice a little rough.

"I don't exactly know how this goes... I've only seen it done in movies." He says, pushing the guitar behind his back. I understood what he was trying to say. He'd never been in a solid relationship and if he'd done something wrong surely he hadn't apologized. I cross my arms over my chest, staring at the floor.
"Well in case you forgot, this is the part where the dipshit leaves the damaged girl alone forever." My voice is silent and a little hoarse, a single tear falling from my eye and he takes a step towards me, fidgeting with his hands like he always does when he's nervous. I look up slightly and he's so close that our bodies almost touch.

"No. This is the part where the dipshit, jackass, son of a douche bag, apologizes for being a mistake." He says and I furrow my brows. Being a mistake. That's exactly what I had told Allison. That Stiles is the mistake and I want to ask if she told him that but I kind of knew she hadn't. He continues. "I was too dumb to realize that the love of my life has liked me since the third grade. I was also unbelievably freaking stupid for just now realizing that I love her back."