Girl Meets the New World

"How long are we avoiding this?" Maya asked me. We were at the bay window. "Not avoiding nothing. Just life moving on beyond that thing that happened between me and Lucas." I replied. Maya started to make kissing noises. "I know what it was, you do not have to fish-face at me." I said. Riley also joined in. "Maya, Riley, other things are happening. Life got over it." I said, "What can't you two?" 

"Life isn't over it." Maya said, "Haven't you noticed everything stopped?" "Nothing is happening. Nothing will ever happen again," Riley said, worriedly. "Everything's happening!" I shouted. "Dylan, until we talk about," Riley began but stopped to make a kissing noise, "Nothing's ever happening again." "Oh, that's the talk of a couple of kooks," I said.

"Ladies." Farkle greeted popping up. "Yay!" I cheered and hugged Farkle. "Well that's settled then." Farkle said. "Wait. Am I hugging Farkle?" I asked. "Yes you are," Maya answered. "Eee," I said and pulled away from the hug.

"Are you here for a reason, Farkle?" Riley asked. "I've got two tickets to a concert but there's four of us. So who do I take?" Farkle explained. "You see, that right there is a very original situation. There will be many twists and turns that no one will see coming." I said. "I like the way you hugged me, Dylan. Even though you regretted it. I'm taking you." Farkle said. With that he left. "I doubt anyone saw that coming." Riley told me.

"So we're back. Subway car, you lock eyes, you fall into his lap, you grab Lucas by the face. You start moving toward him and-" Maya began. "Dylan!" I heard Topanga shout. She and Cory walked in. "Yay! Did I do something? Am I in trouble? Do I have to leave? I have to leave." I said. I tired to walk out of the window but was only pulled back by Maya and Riley.

"No we're glad all three of you are here. We need you to help Riley babysit Auggie." Topanga said. "They need us to help babysit Auggie." I said, trying to avoid the subject. "Been there done that." Maya said, bored. "Things could happen twice." I said. "Unless it's an emergency, we don't want to hear from you." Topanga told me. "What could happen? I'll tell ya. We'll put too much soap in the washing machine, and then we'll find a puppy and say, 'can we keep him?' And then his owner will show up. It will be this hot guy that Maya will totally like." I said. "Yay!" Maya cheered. 

"But then he will move away because Maya can never be happy." I said. "Boo!" Maya shouted. "And then Ben will come over and he and Riley will fall asleep next to each other on the couch while watching a movie. When Riley wakes up she'll realize she was cuddled up next to Ben." I said. "Yay!" Riley cheered. "Boo!" Cory cheered. "But then Ben will transfer back to Einstein Academy and Riley will never see him again," I said. "Boo!" Riley cheered. "Yay!" Cory cheered. 

"You see, we have a lot going on today." I said. "Tomorrow." Topanga said. "Huh?" I asked. "Yeah, we need you to babysit tomorrow." Cory said, "Today we got nothing." The two parents walked out.

"So, you got Lucas by the face and-" Maya started again. "Help me!" Auggie shouted, walking into the room. "Yay!" I cheered. I grabbed Auggie and brought him to the bay window. I placed him on my lap. "Auggie, do you have any problems that I can help you with?" I asked. 

"Well, I made a new friend at school what if mom doesn't like him? What if she picks him up and puts him in the hallway? Like Ava!" Auggie questioned, "What if no one is ever good enough for mommy's little boy?" "This is a thing." I said to my two friends. "Eh, not a whole thing." Maya started. "We check back on this twice tops." Riley finished.

"I would be involved in it." I said. "Completely my mother's thing." Riley said. "Yeah, scram." I told Auggie. "Mom?" Auggie asked, walking out of the room.

"So that's everybody we know, huh?" I asked. "Not quite, you got two more friends that have a problem you could get involved in." Maya said. "I do? Who?" I asked. Maya and Riley both raised their hands. "Oh yeah. My troubled, misunderstood sister and my cheerful, understood friend. People love your problems. You two are a mess!" I cheered. "Thanks. You are too," Maya told me.