Girl Meets Yearbook

"Ladies and gentlemen of the hallway," Farkle began, walking into the hallway with Riley and a box. "It's yearbook time!" Riley cheered. I was sitting on the bench with Maya, Ben, and Lucas. Lucas had his arm around me, and I had my head on his shoulder. Ben stood up and grabbed 3 yearbooks. He handed one to Maya and one to Lucas. I looked down at the one Lucas had. "Yearbooks! Find out who we are and what we really think about each other." Riley said.

"You wanna know what I think about you?" I asked Lucas. "No, I do not." Lucas said. "But I wanna tell you." I said, standing up from my seat. "I don't think you need to." Lucas said, also standing up. "I'm gonna do it anyway." I said, with a smirk. "Don't do it." Lucas pleaded. "It's been a while." I said. "I'm asking you not to do it." Lucas said. "I'm gonna do it." I told him, "You wanna run, or you want it straight in the face?" "Well, I wanna run, but how would that look?" Lucas asked.

I began to hum some scales. "You guys wouldn't judge me if I run, right?" Lucas asked our group of friends. I continued to hum my scales. "Come on, Dylan. There's always another option!" Lucas pleaded. "Huh-hur-rrrr!" I screamed in Lucas' face. "You okay now?" Lucas asked. "Hmm. That was good." I said. Lucas chuckled and placed his arm back on my shoulders.

"You know what else is good? Yearbooks." Riley said, "All of our classmates say what they think of us." "Yearbook, find out how we'll be remembered. Guess what." Farkle said to Lucas, "You took another nice picture, you freak." I giggled. "Thanks, Farkle. How will you be remembered? Did they do it to you again?" Lucas asked.

He opened his yearbook and there it was. "Most likely to be Farkle... Farkle." I read out loud. "I didn't think I'd win it again this year, but I did." Farkle admitted. "They do this thing every year?" Ben questioned. Maya nodded. "What does that mean exactly, Farkle?" Ben asked, turning to face him. "How should I know? They turned being me into a category." Farkle replied.

"Hey, Riley won most likely to smile herself to death." Lucas announced. "Aw. Well, who wouldn't wanna go that way? I mean, when the time comes, why you gotta be a gloomy Gus?" Riley said, with a smile. Maya scoffed. "Riles, I don't think they meant this as a good thing." Maya informed her.

"They're making fun of me, and they're making fun of you too." Farkle told her. "What?" Riley asked. "Would you stop smiling?" I asked. "I'm not smiling, Dylan. This is my upset face. This is smiling." Riley said. All she did was smile bigger. I held back my laughter by biting my tongue.

"You know what? I don't care what they say." Farkle said. "Neither do I." Riley said. "I don't care what they say at all." Farkle added. "Neither do I at all." Riley said. She growled. "How did this stuff even get in here? We're the editors." Riley said, as she looked through the yearbook. "Wow, you guys must have very poor quality control." Ben said. Riley turned to him and glared. He held his hands up in surrender.

"What did you get, Huckleberry?" I asked him. "I got most likely to be okay with anything that ever happens." Lucas read. "How do you feel about that?" Maya asked. "Well, actually, I'm okay with that." Lucas said, "Oh!"

"I'm not all sunshine and rainbows. I have a dark side." Riley told us. "Let me see your dark-side face." Maya ordered. Riley showed us her dark side face. But it just looked like she was a lost puppy. "Aw." Maya, Lucas, Ben, and I said.

"Look, guys, we're not gonna make a huge deal out of this, are we?" Lucas asked. "Yeah. Who cares?" I asked. "It's only what everybody thinks of us." Riley said. "What's more important to you? What you think of yourself or what other people think of you?" Lucas asked her. "What I think of myself. And what I think of myself is that it really bothers me what other people think of me." Riley said. "Yeah." Farkle said.