Girl Meets Cory & Topanga

Maya and I crawled through the open window of the bay window into Riley's bedroom. Where we found her staring off into space. "Seven hours till school is over!" We cheered. Riley turned to us, with a blank look on her face."You know what my mom does?" Riley asked us, "She uses her intelligence to help the powerless against the powerful." "Yeah. She's really somethin'." I responded. "My dad tries to teach you stuff." Riley said, to the both of us, "Mm. He's cute." Maya said.

"What will I ever do?" Riley asked. "You'll do stuff, just as amazing," I replied. "What?" Riley questioned. "Riles, the great thing about being us, we don't have to worry about being them." Maya told her. "Too late. I started and I don't like where it's going," Riley informed us. "Riley, if you're trying to tell us how great your parents are, I know. You're very lucky to have them. Not everybody does." Maya told her. I nodded.

"Maybe they're the lucky ones, Maya, Dylan." Riley told us. "Why?" I asked. "They're Cory and Topanga and... I'm just their little shadow, living in the reflection of the sun." Riley answered, "What do you do when you know you'll never be as good as your parents?" I looked down at the floor. "I wouldn't know. My parents left too soon, for me to know what they did. And, in my opinion, there seems to be nothing great about them," I told her.

~~~~~

"Ferdinand Magellan. What did he do?" Cory asked. "First bull with a last name!" Maya answered. "First man to circumnavigate the globe." Ben replied. "Who are you gonna believe?" I asked Cory. "Everyone thought the world was flat. Why?" Cory continued. "They could only see to the horizon." Lucas responded. "They were too scared to go out. They thought they'd fall off the world," Riley added, "I don't blame 'em."

"Well, what about you guys? What's your horizon line? Write down the one thing in life you consider impossible," Mr. Matthews told us, "Where do you fall off the Earth?" We all started to write down what we thought was impossible on the paper. I guess what I find impossible is becoming a real writer. So, that's what I wrote down.

"Well, it looks like everyone found something pretty easily. That's too bad. Because when you think you can't do something, your world is as flat as a piece of paper. So, crumple them up." Cory explained. We all crumpled the pieces of paper. "Now, look at 'em. You hold your world in your hands. Nothing's impossible if you take a shot. So, take a shot," Cory told us, holding up the recycling bin. Everyone in the class threw the paper into the bin, except for Farkle.

"Take a shot, Farkle." Cory ordered. "Oh, that's okay, sir." Farkle told him. "Why not?" Cory questioned. "Well, I'd only miss." Farkle responded. "Do you mind?" Cory asked. Farkle handed me his paper, which I handed to Cory. "Hey, it's not like it's a big surprise." Farkle said, looking down at his desk.

"'Athlete'. You don't think you could be an athlete like Lucas if you tried?" Cory asked. "I'm not sure you can be as good as someone just because you want to, sir." Farkle replied. "Well... You'll never know unless you take a shot." Cory told him, tossing the paper back at the boy. He held up the recycling bin, for Farkle who was aiming his crumpled piece of paper.

He threw it, but it ended up hitting Maya. She turned to face him with a fake smile on her face. "Why are you smiling at me so pretty?" Farkle asked. "Because I want the last thing you ever see to be nice." Maya replied. She jumped up to attack Farkle, but Lucas quickly got up and stopped Maya, and placed her back in her seat. The two then just stared at each other. I had to admit, I felt a sting of jealousy after they stared at each other for at least a minute, but. I just shook it off.

"Okay, so... Farkle has just given us a great idea for an assignment," Cory told us, causing everyone except Farkle to groan. "Farkle, you're gonna become an athlete." Cory told him, causing everyone to cheer, and Farkle to groan. Cory turned to Lucas and Ben. "Mr. Friar, Mr. Kennish," Cory told them. "Oh, no." Lucas said. "How bad is this going to be?" Ben asked. "Your assignment is to help him get there. I'm sorry if this changes what you thought was impossible." Cory told them. "No, that's what I had." Lucas stated. Ben nodded.