Girl Meets Rules

We were all in our seats waiting for Cory to come. And he was very late. "All right. Where's your father?" Lucas asked Riley. "Are we getting a sub? I don't want a sub. You never know where they've been." Farkle said. "Is there an earthquake coming, and he just left us all here to die?" Ben asked. I turned to him and gave him a look.

"Will you calm down? He's one minute late. Stop overreacting." Riley told the boys. "What if he never shows up? What if I never learn anything else? I'm going down, sir!" Farkle said. "He's not here!" I shouted. "Oh, he's not even here." Farkle said, before fainting.

"We lost Farkle. A little help, Maya, Dylan?" Riley asked, getting up and walking over to Farkle. Maya and I shared a look. I smirked, knowing exactly what we were about to do. We got up and walked behind Cory's desk. "Matthews is out, Farkle is down, it's Daya time." We said.

Riley and Ben picked Farkle up and put him back on his seat. "Farkle's fixed. No Daya time." Riley said. "Farkle fall," I demanded. Farkle fainted again. "You may proceed." Riley said taking her seat. "This should be entertaining," Ben said, taking his seat as well.

"During Daya time, we open the confiscation drawer and take back all the stuff from the land of unfairly taken toys." Maya explained. "We take back the stuff which is rightfully ours," I said. Riley scoffed. "Dylan! Maya! I don't think anybody really wants-" Riley began. But was cut off by all of our classmates, except Lucas and Ben, cheering.

I took a Frisbee out of the drawer. "All right, whose is this?" I asked. A student in the back of the room raised their hand. Farkle jumped up. "What'd I miss?" He asked. He fell down again because of me throwing the Frisbee at him.

"Dylan! Maya! He is going to walk in and catch you two and you're going to be in trouble and I am here to keep you two out of trouble, and I will have failed." Riley told us, "Do you want me to fail?" "Do you want us to show you how to have fun?" Maya asked. "Behaving is fun." Riley told us. "Come here!" I shouted.

"I really don't want to." Riley stated. "You come here right now." Maya said. We held up our hands. "Ring power!" We shouted. Riley stood up and walked over to us. "When we say 'ring power' you have to. It's a rule." Riley explained to our classmates.

"Tell me this isn't fun." I said. I picked up a toy gun and shot ping pong balls at our classmates. "Yeah, that seems like fun, but now you did it, so I don't get to do it, so are we sitting down now?" Riley asked. Maya handed Riley another toy gun. "Of course there's another one!" Riley shouted.

"Do it!" Maya ordered. "There is nothing in this world that can make me do it." Riley told us. "Ring power." Maya and I said, holding up our hands. Farkle jumped back up. "What'd I miss?" He asked. He was then attacked by ping pong balls from Maya, Riley and I. So the whole class, except for Ben and Lucas began to have ping pong ball war.

The room quickly went silent. I turned to the direction where everyone was looking. And there stood Cory. "When did you guys decide there are no rules in here?" He asked us. Maya and I put the toy guns away. "When did my generosity in allowing you express yourselves make you think you could turn my class into a zoo?" He asked.

"I'm sorry." Maya, Riley and I said, as we sat back at our seats. "I'm sorry." Farkle said from the ground. "I'm sorry." Everyone else, except Lucas and Ben said. "Lucas. Ben. Why are you two the only ones here that didn't say 'I'm sorry'?" Cory asked them.

"Because I never do anything." Lucas answered. "Because I didn't get any ping pong balls," Ben replied. I gave him another look. The balls were flying everywhere. How could he not get one? "No. Because you two respect the rules. Because you know without them, civilization becomes chaos. The rest of you are gonna spend the afternoon thinking about that, with the exception of Lucas and Ben the good." Cory said. I smirked.