Girl Meets Dylanville

I ended up having a sleepover at Riley's last night. I woke up earlier than her and was sitting in the bay window. Riley was waking up and noticed I was gone. "Dylan? Dylan?!" Riley shouted. I looked over at her, and saw she was looking around the room frantically. But she did not look my way. Riley grabbed her phone from her nightstand and began typing. She put the phone up to her ear. 

"Hello, police. I would like to report my Dylan has been stolen... Yes, I'm positive! I'm a positive person!" Riley said. I cleared my throat. "Cough, cough. Sniffle." I stated, gloomily. Riley's face dropped when she saw me. "I wish you good day!" Riley shouted into the phone and hung up. Not even that put a smile on my face which kind of shocked me.

"What are you doing up so early?" Riley asked, as she slowly stood up from her bed and walked over to me. "I'm sicky," I fibbed. It wasn't a lie I do feel sick. "No! How are Maya and I suppose to do this life thing alone?" Riley asked. I shrugged. A small smile appeared onto her face. "You're not sick are you?" Riley asked. I shook my head. "I'm sick! Sicky-sick, sick!" I shouted. Maya then crawled through the window and immediately looked over at me.

"What fake disease do you have?" Maya questioned me. "The foo-foo plague," I stated. "Oh, no! Our wittle Dylan's not gonna make it!" Riley shouted, grabbing me and pulling me into a tight hug. "If I die take care of Maya!" I also shouted, embracing Rile's hug. "Okay, Dyl. What do you take for this?" Maya asked. "Foo-foo medicine." I sniffled. "Maya this is serious. We need that medicine." Riley said. I really love Riley but sometimes she can be a bit too dramatic. Luckily she's helping me with this situation.

Maya took out her phone. "Okay, so I'm looking up your fake disease on the fake internet..." Maya started. "Can I have a sick day, please?" I asked. "Maya, let's give her a sick day," Riley responded. "Riley, Maya, you have to get far, far away from me. I don't want you two to catch this." I told them letting go of Riley.

"Okay, now that we have gotten the morning problem out of the way, can we please go to school now and get out of Dylanville?" Maya asked. A stunned look appeared on my face. "What happened to Rilanville?" Riley questioned. "You two have so much weirdness you both deserve your own village," Maya told us. I still had that stunned look on my face. "What? I just said, "Can we get out of Dylanvil--" Maya began but I quickly pushed Maya off of the bay window. "Dylan! All she said was Dylanvil-" Riley began, but I pushed her off before she could finish.

"What is it with you?" Maya asked as she got up, along with Riley, "That's just a word I made up." "I finally understand what it means," I told her, "It means that I'm a little brat who's unwanted and nobody wants them in their world." Both of my friends' eyes widened and their mouth's dropped. "I-It means you're unique." Maya stuttered. I made eye contact with her. "I don't want to be unique. I'm not unique, Maya. There's nothing special or unique about me. I just... I just don't want anybody to notice me." I explained.

"Since when? Dylanville is where you live." Riley started, "It's a place that's special because only you know you're way in and out. And you are honored by being in that world." "We even made your own flag and national anthem, remember?" Maya asked. She went into Riley's closet and took out a flag with my picture on it. She began to sing. "Dylanville, oh Dylanville," Maya sang, "Yeah, that took us four days to write. And it's the same anthem for Rileytown." I stood up from my seat at the window and glared a bit at Maya.

"Is this serious or are we having fun?" Riley questioned. "You two are bullies," I stated with no hesitation in my voice. Both of their faces dropped. "Okay, that's not fun." Maya said. "I don't like being laughed at, Maya. I don't like being a fool in someone's eyes. Nobody likes being laughed that," I told her. "I'm not laughing at you," Maya started. "No one sees you as a fool," Riley added. "Who's doing that to you?" They both asked in unison. "You never should have come up with this, and you two are bullies," I informed them, "Okay?" With that I crawled out of the window.