Girl Meets the Tell-Tale-Tot

I ran into the Matthews' apartment to find them all eating breakfast. They turned to me and gave me some weird looks. "Crazed love girl is about to come walking in. Brace yourselves." I said, as I took a seat beside Riley at the kitchen table. Maya bursted in through the door. "All right, weirdos. Listen up and listen up good. I got like a minute before he walks through the door." Maya said, walking over to us.

"Who's coming through the door, Maya?" Riley asked, as if she didn't know who was coming. "Your Uncle Boing." Maya replied. I rolled my eyes. "Oh, Maya, you've got to get off of this." Riley told her. "You really do sis," I said. "Nope. The reason he's not interested is because I've been playing it all wrong. See, my strategy of turning into a total nut job at the mere sight of him ain't working out as planned." Maya said. "That was your plan?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Maya, it's nothing you're doing." Riley explained to her, "It's the age difference." "Three years older. Your dad married your mom." Maya defended herself, "He's like 20 years older." "We're exactly the same age." Cory informed us. My eyes widened, so did Riley's. "What?!" We both shouted.

"I just need to be cash. How's this?" Maya asked. She ran over to the table and sat down next to me, with her feet on the table. "Yeah, how's this?" Topanga asked. She pushed Maya's feet off of the table. I giggled.

"Hey, family." I heard Josh say, entering the apartment. "Yeah, hi. I don't care." Maya said, playing with her hair. "My brother." Josh said to Cory. "My brother." Cory repeated.

"So, Riley, Dylan, shouldn't we be heading to school now, since there's nothing here for me of any interest?" Maya asked. "Sure. Let's go." Riley replied. "I'm down," I replied. Maya stood up and walked over, to the couch. "Think she'll make it out the door?" Auggie asked us. "I give her 10 seconds before she jumps on his head." Riley answered. "I think she'll walk out the door and then come back in and pounce on him," I replied. Riley and I stood up and walked over to Maya.

We slowly walked over to the front door. "I came up here because I wanted to do this in front of all of you. I hold in my hand an envelope from New York University." Josh said. Maya stopped walking, which caused me to bump into her, and Riley to bump into me. "Ohh. Are we stopping?" Riley asked, with a grin. "I'm not stopping. I'm resting." Maya defended herself. We continued to slowly walk.

"What's in this envelope tells me where I'm gonna be for the next four years." Josh said. We stopped walking, again. And I bumped into Maya, and Riley bumped into me, again. "Ohh. Are we stopping?" Riley said, with another grin. "Ooh. Are we trying to see how many times we can get Dylan to bump into something?" I asked. Maya and Riley both rolled their eyes at me. "I'm not as young as I used to be, okay?" Maya asked.

"Good luck, Josh." Riley told him. "Congratulations if you get in. And, you could've tried harder for if you didn't get in," I told him what I would have told him. "Thanks, Dylan. I can always count on you to make my nerves explode," Josh said. "You're welcome," I told him. "Yeah, hi. I don't care." Maya said. We walked out of the door.

The three of us stood outside of the door and listened to what the Matthews' were saying. "Is it just me or is there a new maturity in Maya that I haven't seen before?" Josh asked, "I find it intriguing." I looked over at Maya and saw her eyes widened, and a big smile appear on her face.

She ran into the apartment, screaming. "Where will you be?!" Maya shouted, jumping onto Josh's back. "Hold on to your dignity, woman!" Riley shouted. "Too late for that." Auggie informed her. "Maya! You're embarrassing yourself!" I told her, "And me!" But she didn't listen. My eyes widened in realization. "I was right!" I cheered.

"Get off me, you little ferret!" Josh shouted. "Give it!" Maya shouted. "It's my life!" Josh shouted, with Maya still on his back. "It affects me, too!" Maya shouted. She grabbed Josh's application and opened it. "Dear applicant Boing." Maya read from the letter. "It doesn't say that." Josh said. "This year we are only accepting married applicants." Maya read. "It doesn't say that!" Josh shouted.