Girl Meets Fish

We were all sitting in class, waiting for Farkle to come back with Chelsea our class fish. I have no idea why Cory decided to pick a fish as our class pet. I was hoping for something better. "Where's Chelsea? Why isn't she back yet?" Auggie asked. Who was also here along with Topanga. Auggie was dressed up like a detective from one of those 80's mystery movies.

"Honey, I'm sure Farkle and Ben took very good care of her." Topanga reassured her son. "Hey, Matthews, why are you making us do the whole class-mascot thing anyway?" Maya asked. "Don't ruin this for us, Maya." Riley said, referring to her and me. "Everybody got the chance to take Chelsea home for a week and now it's mine and Dylan's turn and we're looking forward to it. Right Dylan?"

I looked over at Riley. "It's a fish. What's there to be excited for? We're just going to be staring at it for majority of the week," I answered. Riley covered her ears with her hands. "La, la, la, la, la, la, la! I can't hear you! La, la, la, la, la!" Riley shouted. I rolled my eyes and turned to the front of the room.

"Good, because if you two bring her back safely, Chelsea will have survived the whole class." Cory said, giving me and Riley a look. "Then it's as good as done." Riley said, with a smile, "You know Dylan and I are fantastic with pets." "Mr. Puffles." Auggie said. "That was sad." Riley said, looking down. I giggled a little. "Mr. Puffles never saw it coming," I said, through giggles.

Farkle and Ben then rushed into the room with Chelsea's fish bowl in her hands. "It's Chelsea! It is." Farkle shouted, nervously, as Ben placed the bowl on Cory's desk. "Red-head does not lie! This is Chelsea the fish," Ben said, nervously. I raised my eyebrow in curiosity. "Nice job, Farkle, Ben. Here's your stickers." Cory said. He handed Farkle and Ben each a sticker and the put them on before sitting in their seats.

"Chelsea! Are you ready to come to our house?" Auggie asked. I sighed. This was going to be long night. "Hey, Ben, Farkle, did you go to Phil's fish store?" Auggie asked. I turned around and saw Ben's eyes widened. "Why would you ask us that, Auggie?" Ben asked, quickly, "Why would you think that?" "Why would you say that? Why?" Farkle questioned. "Elementary, my dear Farkle and Ben. There's a new castle in the bowl." Auggie said.

"Very impressive, Auggie." Lucas complimented. I nodded. "Yeah, he watches 'Owl Detective' every day. He always knows whodunnit." Topanga told us. "Hoooo-dunnit!" Auggie singed. "Every day." Topanga groaned. "How ya doin'?" I asked her. "Not so good," Topanga replied. I gave her a reassuring smile.

"Okay, Riley, Dylan she's all yours. Now all you have to do is feed her once a day and every once in a while, you throw her a compliment." Cory told us. "You are talking about the fish, right?" Topanga asked. "No." Cory said. I smiled. "All right, is she all ready to go, Auggie?" Cory asked. "All fed and ready to go." Auggie said. He walked over to Riley's desk and placed Chelsea's bowl on her desk.

"Riley, Dylan, here's Chelsea. She means the world to me. Don't blow this." Auggie told us. "This fish is in good hands." Riley said. I looked down at my hands. I shrugged. "Let me just get our first picture together." Riley said. She pulled me into the picture as she took out her phone and took it.

"Um..." Riley said. "What?" I asked. "Let me take another one." Riley said. "Chelsea's upside-down." I said, as I looked into the bowl. "Oh, boy." Topanga mumbled. "Day one, we died!" Riley shouted. The whole room was filled with gasps from our classmates. "Chelsea! No, I'll cry for you later. Right now there's a mystery to be solved." Auggie said.

"What mystery, Auggie? We killed the fish." I told the little boy, gesturing to Riley and me. "No, you two did not kill this fish. This fish was the victim of foul play. Somebody here is responsible." Auggie told us, "The only question is-" "Oh, no." Topanga announced.