Girl Meets Mr. Squirrels

Maya, Riley and I were sitting at the bay window. Maya and I were sitting on one side, Riley was sitting on the other. We were in the middle of a very important argument. "I apologized!" Riley shouted. "We don't care!" Maya and I shouted. "I apologized like 50 times." Riley stated. "Doesn't matter," I told her. "You don't do that to us," Maya informed her. "How many times are you two gonna make me say I'm sorry?" Riley asked. "Are you actually sorry?" Maya questioned. "Do you regret what you did?" I questioned. "No!" Riley shouted.

Riley got up and went to sit on her bed. "Fine, you don't want to sit by us?" Maya asked, "Fabulous." "What a great way to solve this problem. Just get up and walk away," I said. "I will not stink up the integrity of our bay window with this ridiculous argument." Riley said. "This is not ridiculous," I said. "Now. You come here and stink it up right now!" Maya ordered.

~~~~~

Maya and I followed Riley into the hallway. We were still arguing over this. "You stood up for Lucas and Ben and not us!" Maya shouted. "I'm not standing up for them," Riley defended herself. "You didn't disagree with them," I told her. "Well, when you really think about it, they weren't wrong." Riley said.

"Who cares?" Maya asked. "Oh, right and wrong don't matter now?" Riley asked. "The only thing that matters is you and us. It always has been you and us." I told her. "When have we ever not stood up for you?" Maya asked. "When I'm wrong!" Riley answered. "You're always wrong!" Maya and I shouted. Riley gasped. "Or you're always right." I said. "Who cares? We don't listen, we just stick up for you automatically." Maya said.

"Ooh, chick fight!" We heard the one and only Zay shout. I turned and looked over at him. "Chick fight right here, ladies and gentlemen. One dollar to see the shocker by the lockers." Zay said, causing me to roll my eyes, "Brought to you by" He paused and jumped onto the bench where Lucas, Ben, and Farkle were sitting. "Zay Babineaux enterprises." He finished.

"I'm not gonna be the cause of this." Lucas said, standing up. "Well, neither am I," Ben said. "Too late, Huckleberry." Maya said. "Same goes to you too, Braniac," I said. Zay chuckled. "Huckleberry. Brainiac," He said.

"You know why it happened, Maya? All you do is call me names. I finally struck back once." Lucas said. "Yeah. And Dylan, all you do is make fun of my intelligence. I decided to fight back," Ben said. "This has nothing to do with you, who I will deal with later." Maya hissed at Lucas. "Yee." The boys said in unison. I turned to Ben. "You better get a coffin ready, because you're going to need it when I am finished with you," I hissed. "Yee," The boys said, again, taking a step back.

"This happened because she stuck up for you two," Maya said, pointing to Riley and then to my boyfriend, and the guy I had my first date with. "I didn't stick up for them," Riley told us once again. "You didn't disagree with them. You don't even regret agreeing with them," I told her. "How could she disagree with them? They're right," Farkle said. "You're next!" I shouted at him. "I want to be first." Farkle said. My eyes widened. "Yee." The girls and I said, taking a step back.

"They are right, you know." Zay said. "Would you stay out of this?" I asked. "What? They're right," Zay said. "Why does that mean so much to everybody, anyways?" I asked. "When being right is more important than being friends," Maya again. I looked over at Riley, and then back over at Lucas and Ben. "Then that's the end of being friends." I finished. The bell rang as Maya and I walked into Cory's classroom with the other's following.

I took a seat at my desk, and stared at the ground. Maya did the same. "Is this still going on?" Cory asked. "Look at 'em!" Farkle shouted. "Yowzas!" Cory shouted. The tension between my best friends and I was just too much. "I'm moving my seat." I announced. "Yeah, you just do that." Riley told me.