I Wish I Could See You Again

Great, the first day of summer and it's already been a bust. I found out that I didn't get accepted to go to the high school where I wanted to go. Pushing myself since 7th grade and this is what I get. Let's just say the high school in the next town over better be amazing.

But this is summer. Thank God I don't have to do a summer project. Other high schools may do that, but the one I'm going to doesn't.

"Jordan, do you have a school project to do this summer? You know the rules," Mom said. And "the rules" say that I can't have any electronics until my project is done. That's bull crap.

"No Mom, I don't. Please don't ask again." I then went to my room and grabbed my backpack. I just start emptying all of it's contents out on my bed. Just all of my books and make-up wipes. Yesterday was horrible. I was crying so much that my make-up was running all the way down to my nose. At the beginning of the year I said that I wasn't going to wear make-up because I knew that was going to happen. But at least I didn't cry so much last night at Graduation. I got pictures with everyone basically.

I took out my phone and started looking at all of the pictures that were taken. I took a lot of pictures with my best friend, Bess. We've been best friends since Kindergarten and nothing has stopped us from being friends ever since.

My younger sister then barged into my room. "What are you doing? Still drooling over all the pictures you got with Aaron?"

"Still trying to go out with Sam?" I shot back. Just then she stormed out of my room. Calista is a 12-year-old brat who acts like she's my age. What a total diva. She just has to get all up in what I'm doing. Especially what I'm doing with Aaron.

Aaron is literally perfect for me. He asked me out at one of my friend's Halloween party. We've been going out ever since. The thing that sucks the most is that Aaron isn't going to the same school as me. He's going to the same school as Bess though. Even though Bess, Aaron, and I aren't at the same school, we're still going to be together no matter what.

I sit back down on my bed and whisper under my breath. "I wish I could see you again."

***

I start to get ready to go to bed. Taking out my contacts feel so good with the solution and everything. I've had contacts since February in 7th grade. It's literally the greatest thing that was invented because glasses were the worst. But then I put on my glasses. I walk over to the mirror.

"Lardosaurus..." I whisper. I just sit down on the middle of my wooden floor and put my hands to my face. Stop... This is in your past. Don't bring this up now. Summer is supposed to be fun, right?

Just then my phone started to ring. I got up from off the floor, sat on my bed, and checked who it was. Aaron... No... Not now... Not when I look like this... I answer. I see his face appear on my phone.

"Hey baby," Aaron said with a big smile on his face. Seconds later the smile fades in a confused look. "Why are you wearing your glasses?"

I took a deep breath. "I just took out my contacts. I didn't know you would call so late though, so that's why I took them out."

"It brings back memories now that I think about it..." Why Aaron? Why do you have to bring this up now?! Not now please. I can't take it.

The tears just start coming out. Aaron never saw me cry like this before. He saw me cry on the last day of 7th grade because I thought Paris was moving. Paris and I haven't really been close friends since 7th grade. That was when we really realized that we were going to be great friends. Basically 7th grade was magical for me. I kissed my boyfriend (ex-boyfriend now) on the cheek and I was actually proud. But now we hate each other. Literally hate each other.

He also saw me yesterday crying. But then he gave me my first kiss and it was his also. Honestly I thought I would never have my first kiss. I guess it was just a miracle.

"Aaron, please," I sniffle, "please don't bring it up." He doesn't say anything.

"Look, Jordan," Aaron spoke softly. "I didn't mean to-"

"Yes you did! If you didn't then you would never have brought it up in the first place!" The tears just keep coming.

"Jordan, please-" I interrupted Aaron again. "Aaron, just... Good night,"

"I love you, Jordan," Aaron spoke. I just sighed and hung up. He was one of the people... He called me Lardosaurus...

And with that, I shut off my lights, pulled up the covers, and grabbed Nesbit.

"Why can't I just have a normal life. Where my boyfriend doesn't bring this up, where I feel special. And not dazed and confused."

Whoo! I actually really like this book so far. It probably won't be until a couple more chapters where high school starts. But I hope you guys enjoyed this and I will be surely updating more soon!

Like, comment, and follow! :)

~ipo_iaia~