He's A Lost Puppy

There he was all nice and tall. Robbie, Lizzy, and Zander Bolton. Tagging along was Owen Shaw, obviously sitting next to Lizzy. I only made eye contact with Robbie once and sat down in front of him with Bess and Carrie next to me. There was an awkward presence in the room. Just all staff and then one student, Zander. Zander is in 6th grade and he's Robbie's cousin. We never really talk and that's fine, with me at least.

Students eventually walk into the meeting room, their feet not touching the floor when they sit down. Kids from grades 3rd and 4th stare at us. I move closer to Bess and whisper, "Well, this is awkward for us." She nodded and looked towards the weight room door. Robbie's aunt and uncle walk into the room to get things started. 

When all of the little kids head out the get a drink, his aunt talks to us all. She starts to pair us together.

"Owen, and Lizzy." No surprise there, I thought.

"Bess and... ah Carrie." Well then, who am I going to be with? 

"And finally, Robbie, and Jordan." YOU'RE KIDDING ME?! Robbie looked at me and had a innocent look on his face. I just rolled my eyes and let out a sigh.

"Something wrong Miss Anderson?" Robbie's aunt spoke. I panicked for a moment.

"No, I'm fine with Robbie," I lied. 

"Okay. Everyone go to your partners and go with your groups. " And with that, everyone did what she said. I got off the maroon colored chair and started to make my way towards Robbie. There was an uneasy feeling in my stomach and it felt like I was going to be sick. But I was strong, so I just swallowed it. We made eye contact again, and just walked side by side to the ladder truck. Our group was going to ride around town in the ladder truck, with me, Robbie, and Fitz in the front. Fitz has always put a smile on my face since I was a toddler. He was always there for me and is a great guy.

"Jordan and Robbie, you guys can sit in the passenger seat while I drive," Fitz said. I didn't fight with him and did what I was told. The little kid entered one by one. There was about five kids in the back while I was basically being suffocated by Robbie's face. Fitz handed us headphones with speakers attached to it. I couldn't position mine right, so Robbie fixed it.

"Here... I got it," Robbie said in a calming tone. He sounded like he was talking to a child who was sad. I looked up to him and I was gazing into his eyes. Light blue and sparkling. The shine off of the firetruck glistened in his eyes and it was adorable. What am I doing?! I like Aaron not Robbie, you twig! I looked away quickly.

"Thanks. I appreciate it," I whispered, but I don't think Robbie heard me. Good. 

Just then Fitz interrupted us. "You guys should really hang on tight since the seatbelt won't wrap around both of you. Understand? And Jordan, Robbie doesn't bite." He smiled. Well, Robbie is a lost puppy, trying to follow me and steal my heart with love and affection. I really don't want to be this close to Robbie... I obeyed Fitz and moved close to Robbie so my legs were on top of his. He suddenly grabbed me with is right arm and brought me closer so he was hugging me, but closer. I could hear his heart beat next to my ear. Slow and calming. By this time, I didn't care about Aaron. No thought about him. Just like the old days, I thought. 

Suddenly Robbie spoke. "I know you don't like this, but I do." I looked up at Robbie again. This time my face was inches away from his. I can smell his sweet scent that just made my heart flutter. I do like this... I'm with you again and it just makes me feel like myself again. I could feel myself burning up because of Robbie.

I smiled and said, "You're a lost puppy that needs a home, Robbie. So...," I hesitated before continuing, "you're my lost puppy." I leaned closer, feeling like I wanted to kiss Robbie, but I didn't. Instead I grabbed his Bulls hat that I wore last year and sat it on top of my head, layed it on his shoulder, and soaked up the scenery of Clear Lake.