Chapter 5: The Truth Is Revealed

-----Jade P.O.V-----

No. No. Absolutely not. This cannot be happening. How can he be here? He isn't even allowed to be here. Sitting here in the bathroom stall crying won't solve anything Jade. I wipe my cheeks and step out of the stall. Look at all the imperfection. Look what he made you into. I stare into the mirror and wash my face in the sink. There's a nasally high pitched voice coming from the hallway. Oh no. Lexi and her skanks walk into the bathroom. She looks right at me. Shit, here we go. She walks towards me.

"Oh look the little emo chick has been crying. What happened? Did you not cut deep enough with your little razor blade?" She laughs.

I don't reply to her I just wipe my face on Landon's jacket. I push past her and just as I'm about to leave she grabs my shoulder and pulls me back. The bell rings for next period.

"You think you can just walk right out of here?" She says in her bitchy tone.

A few girls come into the bathroom, see Lexi and I, then leave. I grab onto Lexi's wrist and pull her into the hallway.

"Do you think you can just be a bitch to everyone?" I yell at her.

A few people stop in their tracks to watch. Lexi is offended by my remark. She throws the first punch. I dodge and watch her reaction. I smirk and punch her right in the stomach. She falls down in her over dramatic ways with the wind knocked out of her. After about 10 seconds of gasping for air she gets back up.

"Who do you think yo--"

I punch her right in the face and keep punching.. and punching.. I blacked out.

-----Landon P.O.V-----

There's a huge crowd in the hallway and I push through everyone to see Jade throwing huge blows at Lexi, who is pleading for her to stop. Jade doesn't. Jade doesn't even look mentally here. From the looks of her face she is completely zoned out.

"Jade!" I shout and pull her off of Lexi.

I hold her against my chest and I can slowly feel her anger melt away. I pick her up and carry her to the amphitheater. No one ever passes through here. I set her down and sit next to her.

"Jade talk to me." I say waving a hand in front of her face.

She turns her head and looks at me. The amount of sadness emitting from her is vast. Her eyes are full of tears. I pull her head against my chest and she lets it all out. She buries her face deeper into my chest and sobs.

"Jade... Jade.. It's okay.. talk to me." I say stroking her head.

She pulls back and wipes her face on my jacket.

"Do you really want to know?" She croaks.

"Yes, I really do." I say.

"Lexi.. She just pushed my last button an--"

"Not what happened with Lexi." I interrupt her.

"Oh.. The guy from this morning.. That's.. um... my ex boyfriend." She stutters.

"Is that all?"  I reply.

"Well.." She trails off.

"Jade don't even think about lying to me." I say sternly.

She swallows hard.

"Okay.. That guy.. his name is Axel. We dated for about a year." She says.

I give her a look that says uh huh go on.

"He.. uh started hanging out with the wrong crowd. Doing drugs and stuff. He started acting like a real douche bag and started asking me for sex all the time and of course I'd say no. After about a month of it I decided I'd had enough. I invited him over to JJ's gym to break up with him and I was going to ease into the topic so I didn't set him off. Well he started kissing me, more and more, and tried getting into my pants. After I told him no and that I wanted to break up.. He went ape shit.. He started punching me and throwing me around.. Then he did what I never thought could happen in real life.. Only in movies.. He grabbed me by my neck and held me against the wall off my feet. He started choking me while calling me a prude bitch and he started undoing my pants.. I used all my strength to try and get out of his grip but he was nearly a foot taller than me.. He nearly choked me out until I couldn't breathe anymore.. I kicked him in his groin and he dropped me.. He called me a fucking bitch and ran off before I could call the cops.." She says while looking at her feet, letting tears fall to the floor.

I have never been so pissed in my life. My jaw was clenched shut and both my fists were white knuckled.

"Landon..?" She looks over at me.

I can feel my face become hot with anger as I look at her face and imagine all the bruises and blood that dude cause her a year ago. I grab Jade's hand and lead her towards my car. I open the passenger side door motioning for her to get inside and when she does i slam the door. I get in, turn on the car, and speed out of the parking lot before any security guard could say anything. It's a 20 minute drive to JJ's and it's going to be a long, quiet drive. I drive angry and glace over at Jade who has been staring at me constantly.

"A-Are you going to say something?" She stutters shattering the silence.

"What do you want me to say?" I reply in an icy tone.

"Say something.. anything.." She says.

"We're going to go talk to JJ." I say ending the conversation.

She sits back in her seat and looks out the window. I speed up even more and we finally arrive at JJ's in less than 12 minutes. I pull in JJ's driveway and walk up to his door. I pound on the door relentlessly. JJ opens the door to see me with Jade standing behind me hiding.

"Dude aren't you guys supposed to be in school?" He says.

"We have to talk. Now."