Part 22: Falling Apart (Special Chapter) Written as Prose

A/N: Hi!! *waves* sa tingin ko, mas mararamdaman nyo yung sakit na naramdaman ni kyle kung isusulat ko sya as prose. nayon lang 'to. promise :)

and if you could spare some time, watch the video on the right, and .. i don't own the video, i just want to share, and it is very relevant. :) 

~ ~

Kyle

Tears fell from her eyes as she look at Darren and the Lady.

She remembered her. Carina Centeno. (from part 6)

She ran away, as she had heard him called her out. she did not care for she was hurt. too hurt that she has no choice but to shut everyone out.

Her Luck is running out, and the rain fell heavy on her shoulders.

Walking alone in the cold grass, she saw how the weather shifted. It’s as if the world is in sorrow with her. One by one, raindrops started falling like bullet suspended at high speed. It feels as if the sky is crying – triggering pains that she was holding inside.

She kept them, anger, frustrations, fears and doubts all inside her heart. She promised herself not to break down and cry. But now, it is ready to unleash its power. It is so strong; she could feel the emotions running, pulsating through her feeble veins.

She tried to hold it in, not wanting to break down and give in to the impending devastation. She knew it was coming, along with the hard cold rain. She tried to smile, but only made herself more miserable and weak. Her smile is as cold as the rain. forced.

All her life she built her image. She is Strong, confident, carefree; or that’s what the people around her believed. But inside, she is vulnerable. Vulnerable that even words can cut like knives. Also, she is not carefree. She does care, and too much caring can hurt. She tried not to, but she cannot.

Then it happened.

It all came out at once, and stunned her. Tears fell in unison, not wanting to stop. She gasped for air. Burden seems to be getting lighter. Maybe it’s okay to cry. She thought to herself and true enough, it is. She gave in and wept. Once there was a hard tough shell around her heart, slowly melting away with the help of her tears and a little rain.

sometimes, it’s okay not to be okay.

The hurt has been her shelter. Anger has been her weapon. She eluded the thoughts of people about her. Society can hurt her, just like how her own thoughts destroy her being. She continued walking on the path she made herself. Not one word can bring her down, because she is already so low. 

She and her passions created a world around her. A place to call her own. She caged herself inside, not wanting to look out. The misery of the world is inviting her out, but her feet are stuck and cold.

Not only once did she crumble and break. It had been a million times, and each fall surpasses the hurt and gravity she endures from the other. She wished someone will pull her up, or be with her in the fall.

The world is filled with cowards. The brave ones extinct. Loneliness is old news. She is one in a million, and a diamond in a sea of sapphires. The world is not the place for the weak, but the place for the head strong girl, that’s who she is.

Who is there to save her?

when something fell and broke apart, you tend to look down and try to pick up the broken pieces. trying to fix it and make it whole, cutting your fingertips with those sharp edges.

We do we often look down?

Why can’t we just leave those broken pieces in the ground and ignore the whole thing? Why do we trouble ourselves fixing something that is broken? something that is mendable, but cannot be perfect once more? Why do we try to get them back, but still we are the ones who hurt?

we hope we can fix it. we thought we could. but in reality, we cannot.

a little pessimistic, but realistic nonetheless.

like a broken glass who’s been fixed and glued together, traces of the fall can still be observable. 

things may look fine externally, but deep down.. it left a trace.

And darren, scarred her by far, the worst.