Part 24: True and Real

Xavier

Maybe this is fate. That i come and rescue her and keep her safe.

Her lips are sweeter than what I had expected.

I kissed her back.

my eyes closed, my heart jumped.

Like there is a race building inside me. I never felt this. I love this feeling, and i will do everything to win this girl. To win her from the sick bastard she fell in love with. To save her from the misery, to keep her safe. 

I'll make her mine.

She broke away from me, looked me in the eyes,  her eyes redshot, tearful, hurt. Pleading- In despair. 

“I guess that’s a yes.”

she closed her eyes and nodded. 

I saw her knees shake and i caught her fall.

Maybe this is what i am. Her savior. Maybe, just maybe, my fate will turn around.

"Halika na, uwi na tayo." I said

I dont know what's running through her head, i dont know what's making her like a porcelain doll. Beautiful, but lifeless.

 I remember the first time that i saw her. She's happy, holding flowers- She's glowing. And that glow, it's gone. It's not here for me to see, like she's not the same.

Sometimes people can't be fixed. 

I hope she's different.

Sumakay kami sa kotse ko. I opened the passenger seat she sat there, and looked out of the window.  silence crept up all over us. I turned the ignition and started my car.

"Gusto mo ba kumain muna?" I asked, then i turned to her and saw her sleeping.

She looks beautiful in her sleep, in her slumber, it's as if she has fogotten the pain that got her here in the first place.

Her face looks calm and i find myself gravitated towards her.I wanted to kiss her in her sweet lips.. But it landed on her forehead.

Gentlemen don't take advantage.

"If he can't fight for you, I will. I will be your knight, I will fight with you. Sabay tayo. magkasama. Hindi kita iiwan kasi alam kong kailangan mo ako. I know it's fast, but could one explain how a person fall in love? Isn't it a cliche' of a thought? that a guy, like me, will fell in love with a damsel in distress? That all of a sudden, it's you who i long for? I can't even understand myself. The things you do to me.."

bahagyang gumalaw sya at muli, ako'y nagbalik sa realidad.

I drove silently, passing cars by cars.

Bakit kaya ganito no? kung sino pa yung taong akala mo hindi ka sasaktan ay sila pa yung taong mananakit sayo. Humans have this fascinating strings of thought- so complicated that only the person who has them, understands them.

Kyle

I tried to sleep, but i can't.

Pano ako tatayo ulit? Kasi pilit nila ako hinihila pababa.

This is why i don't want  to get attached. Because when you fellin love with them, they will leave you. everyone leaves. everyone.

Kasi ang ibang tao, sadyang masarap pakinggan ang mga salita nila. I was blinded by love and now i'm wide awake.

I felt a kiss plantedon my forehead. It felt like i am secure. that someone is watching over me. Pakiramdam ko, hindi ako nagiisa.

I stayed still. Hindi nalang ako gumalaw. Ayaw kong malaman nya nagising ako.. kasi i wanted this silence. Less words. I'm sick of words. 

Ang mga salita ay kasing sakit tumaga kagaya ng isang punyal na nakatarak sa puso.

Then he began talking. his voice familiar and sweet. 

"If he can't fight for you, I will. I will be your knight, I will fight with you. Sabay tayo. magkasama. Hindi kita iiwan kasi alam kong kailangan mo ako. I know it's fast, but could one explain how a person fall in love? Isn't it a cliche' of a thought? that a guy, like me, will fell in love with a damsel in distress? That all of a sudden, it's you who i long for? I can't even understand myself. The things you do to me.."

I hear you. Hindi ko alam kunganong gagawin ko. I feel somewarmth in my heart, and somehiow his words mademe feel a little less broken. maybe he's what i really need. Isang taong nandyan palagi. Yung taong handa ibigay sayo lahat. Yung taong uunahin ka. Masakit isipin na hindi si Darren yun.

I can feel my tears forming so i moved a little bit to cover it up. Then he started driving.

Bakit hindi nalang sya? sana sya nalang ang una kong nakilala. Sana, sya nalang. Kasi kita ko ang sinseridad sa sinabi nya

He deserves a chance, just as how i deserve to be happy.

"Kyle, Gising na. Nandito na tayo." He said.

I opened my eyes and went out of the car. I walked without turning back. Because i'm just so dead tired.

He grabbed my hand to stop me from walking away. Still i am facing away from him. Because I cant look through his eyes becaxuse i might cry.

"Hindi kita papakasalan." those words echoed through my head..

I still can't look. I dont want to break in front of him. 

"Gusto ko, ikakasal ka sakin hindi dahil sa napipilitan ka, o dahil sa gusto mo maka move on. Gusto ko, ikakasal tayo because you fell in  love with  me." Yes, I wanted to be with you, but i also want you to be happy. I can wait. However long it takes."

A tear fell down from my face. I tried not to cry, i really did. but i can't fight my tears. Someone is this willing to be with me..

He turned me to face him, he looked me in the eyes. those brown eyes looks so comforting. Like he could see through me.

"He is your first love, I intend to be your last."

He leaned closer and kissed me in my forehead, then he smiled and walked away.

And i was there, standing, with my heart pounding inside my chest.